That Stray Rooster Is Gonna Get It!

ProudNewChickenMommy86

Songster
8 Years
Nov 2, 2011
Acworth, Ga
There Were 5 Stray Roosters That Have Wondered Onto My Property The Past Few Days. There Is A White Leghorn, A Rhode Island Red, And 3 Mixes. They Have All Been Really Sweet To My Girls And Haven't Tried To "mount" Any Of Them And Haven't Bullied Them At All. So I Was Ok With It. Well, This Morning When I Wake Up To Go Do The Rounds With The Girls, I Find White Fluffs Everywhere! So Naturally I Flip Out Thinking Something Has Gotten A Hold Of My Showgirl Silkies. I Start Counting My Chickens. All Are Accounted For Except The Roosters. All This Sudden I See Big Red (the Rhodie) Emerge From The Woods. (the Only 2 Roosters That Are Around All The Time Were The Leghorn And The Rhodie) There Is Absolutely No Sign Of Foghorn (the White Leghorn). And He Is A Sweetie!!! So, I Go Into The Woods A Lil Bit And I See More White Fluffs... Go A Little Further... More White Fluffs... A Lil Further... More White Fluffs... I'm About 2 Acres From My House Now Following White Fluffs, So I'm Assuming This Got Bad. Well, Finally I'm At A Dead End With No More White Fluffs To Follow. There Is No Body, So I'm Hoping He's Alive. Just A Lil Bald. But, If I Do See Foghorn Today I'm Going To Have A Heart To Heart With Big Red And Catch Him When He's Asleep On My A/c Unit Tonight. I Can't Have Him Here Being Mean To Foghorn. My Husband Has Fell In Love With Him And That's The Only Chicken He's Actually Liked And Taken To. Foghorn Hasn't Grown Spurs, I Think He's Defective. But Big Red Has Massive Spurs And They Are As Sharp As Nails. Which Makes Me Wonder... Did Big Red Get A Hold Of The Other Roosters?? Or Just Run Them Off?? I Hope Foghorn Is Ok And Shows Up Later... If He Does I'm Bringing Him Onto The Porch For Safe Keeping. I Don't Want Him Hurt No More. Big Red Is Gonna Get It, If You Are Going To Be Here And Eat The Food I Put Out And Be Around My Girls, You Will Play Nice, You Will Be A Gentlman, You Will Respect One Another Or You Won't Do It At All! Big Red You Are Grounded! You Bad Boy You! Has Anyone Ever Had Stray Roosters Show Up Out Of Nowhere?? Has Anyone Else Had This Happen??

That would make me so mad.
tongue.png
Poor silkie I'm hoping for the best for you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom