That was a CLOSE call!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by The Red Rooster, Sep 10, 2011.

1. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I had a close call. Ok, here it goes..

I was looking at my chicken (note: this had NOTHING to do with my face) and then she pecked me right between the eyes! I'm lucky I didn't loose one of my eyes!

I learned a VERY important lesson. Everyone that owns chickens NEEDS to read this. Chickens have longer necks then you might think!!

As for the chicken that did it [​IMG] Lol! I'm just joking. I love all my chickens.

2. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    When are barred rocks were babies one was sitting on her shoulder and peck her in the eye luckly she wasnt hurt bad, had a sore eye for a couple of days.
    and one pecked me on the tooth when I smiled.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
  3. The Red Rooster

I've had one in the mouth too! I've also had a foot [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
  4. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Lol, my partridge brahma Phoenix pecks my teeth whenever I smile and make kissing noises to him. [​IMG]

5. ChickiKat

ChickiKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    Eastern Kansas
    my crazy chickens peck my toenails and it usually scares the crap out of me!!! I need to pay more attention to who is around my feet.

6. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    When my Dark Brahma was like 14 weeks old she pecked my left eye and made a scratch. It hurt SOO bad! Luckily it wasn't too serious and healed overnight!

7. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Quote:Mine do that too! Toes and fingers. I think it's because of the nail polish! lol

8. The Red Rooster

Ouch! That would hurt! [​IMG]

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:Mine do that too! Toes and fingers. I think it's because of the nail polish! lol

Yup yup. Nail polish is very attractive to chickens. *just ask my cousin* [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had a SLW peck my eyeball -- my reflexes kicked in just in time for me to blink and my eye turned. So it was only on the white. Then I had one of my BSL give me a kiss. She thought she was being nice, but she didn't realize how soft humans are. She git me right on the lip and I had a big blood blister for a while. [​IMG]

10. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Yikes! I'm glad I wear glasses! I have had the peck in the mouth though. I love our chickens but, ew.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by