THAT WIND!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tiki244, Feb 9, 2008.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    -25 tonight and tommorrow forcasted for wind chill and the heater in the coop craps out! I just got done putting them in little cages and changing the three light bulbs to bigger wattages. I put towels over the cages.
    I hope they will be ok.
    Man alive I had to put mittens on a hat 2 coats and a scarf and boots just to run to the coop and back. OY!

[​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Yep - not too bad here YET... we're at minus 8 right now.

Its snowing outside................

3. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    enjoy the snow wildsky and tiki it only got to around 70 today, got a little tan while working in the backyard today. we could use a little cooler weather here to get the peach trees ready for spring.

forgot to say, thanks but you can keep the wind. i really do feel sorry for you when it gets down that low. stay warm tiki and get some hand warmers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  4. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] WOW! That's really cold! I'm wanting some snow and cold weather though. It was 70 here today.....

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    70! you said 70????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Yep. I'll trade you the cold for the warm! I'm tired of the warm. I want some snow!!!!!

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Oh I would give anything for a few days warm - do you need a man? I' have a husband I can trade [​IMG] I'll send him WITH the snow!

[​IMG]

8. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    It is horrible here. I have a snow drift in my drive way up to my knees, and I am 5'11. That wind is killer...It is -9 here with a wind chill of -33. I am so ready for warmer weather.

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:Oh heck thats nasty!!!!!!

Our snow had ALMOST all melted - but we're again due for some tonight and tomorrow I think. I'm tired of walking and slipping everywhere!
    My chickens are NOT going to be happy tomorrow!

10. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    I agree. I fell out by the barn the other day, and boy does that hurt. I had to laugh though I tried to get up but kept sliding on the ice...lol...yeah it is nasty out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by