The 2 month strike is OVER!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CarriBrown, Jan 8, 2008.

1. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

I've been pretty sick for a few days, but I did go out and find FOUR eggs today! [​IMG]
    So, with that, I'm going to tell DH to make me some scrambled eggs with cheese... then I'm going back to bed!

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Isn't it great!? Mine recently started laying again....more than only 2 or 3 a week...FINALLY!

3. turnerstar31

turnerstar31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Ya mine have just started to lay again too. Now what to do with those eggs [​IMG] oh course but them in my bator. Anywho enjoy those well deserved scrambled eggs with cheese

4. CarriBrown

Well, now DH is sick, so neither of us are going to have scrambled eggs! [​IMG]

5. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I feel for you, i'm sick too. I got an egg today but not a huge deal since there are 10 layers and this the first one I've gotten in a week .[​IMG]

6. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i waited a good 3 months, now I'm getting 3 a day. Pretty good, since I only have 3 chickens.

7. TxChiknRanchers

TxChiknRanchers Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    Southeast Texas
    I guess we're pretty fortunate - our oldest two started laying on December 18th and we've had 2 eggs every other day since that date.

Then again, our winter is pretty mild [​IMG]

Brenda

8. CarriBrown

I think mine are just spoiled! It's not like we have bad winters here in Southern California. But, I did get another present yesterday! [​IMG]

9. Backyard Buddies

Backyard Buddies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Orange County, CA
    Lucky you, Carri! We're not getting much over here in OC either. My girls have been molting/on strike for quite a while. One has started laying sporadically, but her last two were soft shelled eggs that she dropped off the roost. Thus, Trader Joe's has been my egg source, but even the free-range, organic eggs are no match to what my girls (used to) lay. Sigh.

Hope you feel better!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by