The 2nd Annual Big Bird Classic© Pine Bluff, Arkansas Poultry Show.

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by HallFamilyFarm, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Yes, I would assist in a Pine Bluff poultry show.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I would exhibit, but not able to assist.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not really interested, but thanks anyway.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    See update below:

Seems with the interest that is coming in, the Big Bird Classic is returning for a sequel!

http://www.bigbirdshows.com/

The 2nd Annual Big Bird Classic[​IMG]

Date: March 19, 2011 - Place: Pine Bluff, Arkansas - Judge: Pat Malone

~ Special Novice and Junior Awards ~

Email Ann Charles at: [email protected] if you would like to exhibit your birds at the Big Bird Classic 2011. She need a head count on likely exhibitors.

Please contact SkyBlueEgg to volunteer and see what area you can be most helpful in.

Question concerning a Pine Bluff, Arkansas Poultry Show.

Spring 2010 there was a fantastic poultry show in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. The show’s originator wanted a show that would attract novices. It worked and the show was very well attended. Over half of the exhibitors were novices. The originator has suggested that her show would be rotational. That it would rotate to a different area, to attract more novices.

Would you be interested in a Pine Bluff poultry show? To be successful, this would need the combined efforts of members of the APA/ABA, www.backyardchickens.com , Arkansas Backyard Poultry Meetup and the Arkansas Poultry Club on Yahoo. We would have to put our differences behind us and work together to benefit our common goal: A Heritage Poultry Show!

All breeds would be welcome, with an emphasis on rare Heritage Breeds.

A swap would also be planned, so novice and beginners would be able to acquire good stock.

If interested, please go to https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=429487 and post that you would be interested in assisting us. We would need lots of promotion and some corporate donations for the prize money. I have started a thread at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=429487 for our discussions. We must hurry if we are to have a show this Spring. If we learn that the Big Bird Classic is returning to Pine Bluff, I would hope everyone would get behind them and make it a great success.

Thanks,

Jim​

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    When are the prespective dates for this show. Might be interested if I'm off work on that day or days.

3. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Seems with the interest that is coming in, the Big Bird Classic is returning for a sequel!

http://www.bigbirdshows.com/

The 2nd Annual Big Bird Classic[​IMG]

Date: March 19, 2011 - Place: Pine Bluff, Arkansas - Judge: Pat Malone

~ Special Novice and Junior Awards ~

Email me at: [email protected] if you would like to exhibit your birds at the Big Bird Classic 2011. I need a head count on likely exhibitors.

Please contact SkyBlueEgg to volunteer and see what area you can be most helpful in.​

4. cbbantams

cbbantams Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    South
    We would come for the Big Bird Classic 2.

5. littlepeddler

littlepeddler Chillin' With My Peeps

Ann the Marans of America Club will host it's 2nd Annual Club meet there as well with an open and entry egg show. We will start this going on the web site and newsletter ago with pdf files to as well for the open egg show.
    MOAC members will help out all they can...........don't be scared of that lol
    Brenda

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by