the 911 call

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by wildorchid053, Dec 21, 2009.

1. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    this morning around 6:30 there was hard pounding on my daughters door. the dog was going crazy, her hubby was at work, and she was sound asleep with her two children, girl 8 and boy 5. scared to death she lept out of bed, grabbed the doberman pincher and headed for the door.. there were policemen, fire trucks, ambulance, well you get the idea? they were all asking if everything was ok? she had no idea what they were talking about.. turns out they got a 911 call and then the caller hung up. since there was no more communication they sent out everything they had to see what was wrong... totally embarrased it turned out grandson had dialed it.. his father is a cop and he wanted to talk to him and thought 911 was the phone number to reach him.... when they answered 911 what is your emergency he hung up lol... when the sirens and people started pounding on the door he hid under the covers and pillows lol...needless to say.. he won't be dialing that number again and since they realized it was one of their own i am sure hubby will get harrased alot today. nothing like teaching your 5 yr old how to dial 911 to get the police lol. here is a picture of the guilty one

[​IMG]

2. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    A lesson learned for your grandson.....and a story that will be told for the rest of eternity.....the little darlin'....

3. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    [​IMG] Same thing happened to my brother and SIL - their 4yo twins dialed 911 and the sheriffs showed up. The sheriff turned out to be one of my brothers old HS buddies. I don't think the twins were all that repentent, though! The little hooligans. Can't wait to see what they get into in HS.

4. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Glad to read all is well. I had police show up one day at my condo while I was cooking dinner,and caring for my 3yo and newborn. I had no idea what was going on,and suggested they check on my neighbors who had health issues because I never called them. It turned out there was something wrong with the phone line/box outside our condo and it was dialing 911!

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

My cousins kids did that for a prank an he played it up. Told them that they really screwed up an he couldn't help them an by the time the cops showed up he had there bags packed an had the cops take them to jail for a few hours.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    [​IMG] for your cousin ....hopefully that taught them a lesson ..another childhood memory that will be talked about for years and years to come ......My kids in Kindergarden had a trip to the 911 centre attached to the central fire department downtown and they had it explained to them what goes on ..and how it works ..it was totally glass covered room ...so they could see how many people were answering calls ....

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Been there, done that! I wanted to kill DS but the officer wouldnt let me!

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

When my son was 16 his girlfriends number was 951-1 and the 5 would often skip o nthe phone. Cops showed up a few more times than I would like to admit.

10. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    My daughter did that one time when she was at her G-ma's for some holiday. She was dialing 911 and then trying to hang up before they answered. She said she was doing it because she was bored.

Luckily they just called back to see if everyone was fine. She wasn't fine much longer...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by