The 912 Project

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by yotetrapper, May 9, 2009.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    I know quite a few of us know about this already. This is not so much about politics, as it is about average American citizens uniting. I just thought I would post this for those that might not have heard of it yet, but would be interested. Also, I'm curious, how many of us are there on this forum??

http://the912project.com/

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I pray we never forget.

That we call them what they were, TERRORISTS!

And I pray that we are vigilant.

3. horselover58

horselover58 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Bless you I think we all need to get back to the way we were on 9/11. Not freaked out, but powerful, united, and standing tall. [​IMG]

4. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    I find it ironic that the website states it's not about "Blue vs. Red" states, and then I see a "Joe Biden Gaffes!" "Pelosi knows something!" "Obama messed up!" ... I have a hard time buying into the 'bi-partisan'-ness of this site and/or movement.

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    The thing to going back to the way we were on 9/12 is to capture the sense of unity without the sense of hatred.

As I recall we did some wonderful things that day, but some Americans took it upon themselves to murder innocent people because they "looked" like the bad guys. Who, by the way were not Iraqis.

Can we try to do ourselves one better? Be united without being xenophobic?

Be kind and sharing without having to hate anybody to do it?

That I would like to see.

Personally, Glenn Beck scares me. He is so skilled at creating a vague sense of fear in people about some unknown "them" that allows people to project their own fear and hatred onto whomever they want and say that Glenn Beck knows the same truth they do......

6. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

The thing to going back to the way we were on 9/12 is to capture the sense of unity without the sense of hatred.

As I recall we did some wonderful things that day, but some Americans took it upon themselves to murder innocent people because they "looked" like the bad guys. Who, by the way were not Iraqis.

Can we try to do ourselves one better? Be united without being xenophobic?

Be kind and sharing without having to hate anybody to do it?

That I would like to see.

Personally, Glenn Beck scares me. He is so skilled at creating a vague sense of fear in people about some unknown "them" that allows people to project their own fear and hatred onto whomever they want and say that Glenn Beck knows the same truth they do......

I fully agree.. We need a world were we ALL can be proud, strong and United... Scare tactics and bashing 9/11 families is not what I consider American Values..​

7. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Quote:Huh? Bashing 9/11 families? What'd I miss?

8. Lorettawyandotte

Lorettawyandotte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    white springs, fl
    check out the site and it's stated purpose...some will always stray from original intentions...

9. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    As someone who lost a family member at the WTC on 9/11, I always try to remember how I felt.

I don't give a hoot about the politics of it all. I just remember how my heart hurt not only for my family but for all Americans that day.

Laurie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by