The adventures of City Girl!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, May 21, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That's my SO's nickname for me. [​IMG]
    First I have to set the scene. I was alone on the farm last night while my SO was at work. There is not a soul around this place, but me and the critters. No neighbors within shouting distance. The closest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away. Jake started barking and wouldn't stop. I went out to give him a talkin' to, carrying a small flashlight with me, and found him underneath some large trees. About the time I got out there I heard the strangest noise. I still don't know how to describe it, except it sounded like one of those UFOs in a really old sci-fi movie. Dummy me, I pointed the flashlight at the sky; expecting to see a minature flying saucer maybe? [​IMG] When I pointed it at the trees I saw two bright eyes looking back at me! I hit that back door so hard I swear I dented the wood. Once my heartbeat returned to normal I grabbed the big maglite and carefully stuck my head out the door just a little. There was a small raccoon in the tree. I grabbed ahold of Jake and tied him up in another part of the yard, far from the trees, so the coon could have time to escape.
    My SO is still laughing about it this morning. I'm getting "city girl" tattoed somewhere on my body when we go to a bike rally in September. [​IMG]

2. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Hee, hee! [​IMG]
    Don't forget to give Jake a big hug and treat for sounding the alarm about the dastardly raccoon! You don't want a 'coon hanging around!

4. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Tee hee, know the feeling. Scarry at first, then it's fall down laughin funny.[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Before my SO left for work today he wanted to know if I squealed. I did not squeal! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. [​IMG]

6. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the adrenaline rush you get after those moments, the world is just that much more "there" ya know?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by