The all mighty 2010 Predator day/night guard for poultry. Graphic pic

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by MMPoultryFarms, Aug 24, 2010.

1. MMPoultryFarms

MMPoultryFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    I guess the morle of the story is Don't mess with prettyboys chickens. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] this is what I found in the rooster pen last night at about 1 am when I heard PB freaking out. ( I just knew he was going mad and having chicken pot pie.) [​IMG]

2. AllTheseCreatures

AllTheseCreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

Were they feral cats or a neighbor's?

3. MMPoultryFarms

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:No comment? [​IMG] assuming not feral closest neighbor is a quarter of a mile away. [​IMG]

4. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    GOOD GUARD DOG!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    [​IMG] for PB. is right [​IMG]

6. AllTheseCreatures

AllTheseCreatures Chillin' With My Peeps

Huh, I've had problems with feral cats, but I've never had a neighborhood cat harass my chickens. They come and watch the chickens at the fence, but leave them alone.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Well, good for Prettyboy for taken care of his chickens! Too bad about the cats though.....shouldn't have been in the henhouse anyway.

8. GrandmaAnn

GrandmaAnn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I'm very impressed![​IMG] [​IMG]

We had neighbors' cats kill our chickens. We now have an enclosed run that the cats cannot climb or jump on.

9. MysticScorpio82

MysticScorpio82 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Maine, USA
    What breed of guard dog is prettyboy? He is definately great at this job!!

10. MMPoultryFarms

Jun 21, 2010
    Okarche Oklahoma
    Quote:My birds dont live in a coop my birds (roosters only Live with prettyboy. There run is covered from hawks with only a thin netting like mosquito netting. Theres several spaces predetors can crawl into easy but they never seem to come back out. PB is a australian shepard. He works all my turkeys and ducks and geese. for us so we dont have to put them in bed at night. cats could have been feral or drop offs this is the country or they could have been my neibors cats who seem bullet proof I have shot his Big giant tom cat 3 times and it still comes back guess we got 6 more shells to go till he is finally gone eh?
    For the record I dont just go out of my way to kill or shoot animals here relocation is the new method here. I dont control what my dog does nor do I ever get on to him for claiming his prizes his job is to keep his flock safe. But this certain cat I am refering to is about 15 lbs and Breaks into our house has attacked my daughter for no apparent reason. Killed every last cat we had. and Kills my rabbits in my yard that we almost have tamed. its one thing to come out and hang out at MM farms But to come here from another farm and take what you want when you want now that just isnt happening expecially when I know he has a Giant bowl of food at his house to eat on with the 500 other sickly looking cats he has.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by