The Alpha goes down!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by angie3881, Oct 18, 2011.

1. angie3881

angie3881 Chillin' With My Peeps

For the last five months Big Red, the RIR rooster at our happy homestead, has ruled the roost. He has ruled his small village with an iron fist, even waging wars on unsuspecting small children who attempt to enter his territory as well as large, full grown children. He has bullied everything including the fence post. (I am serious.)

Three days ago I noticed my much larger and more docile BR rooster picking a fight with Red. I watched (I cheered) and before I knew it... Big red was running across the yard with his tail between his legs (figuratively speaking...in reality it was more raised in protest). This fighting continued for a few days and it would appear that the BR, Leroy, has won the battle to take over village leader. He has shared that his agenda includes equal rights and lower taxes. Everyone seems to be very satisfied with the new leader. Except Big Red, who is not quite so big any longer and who can be found most days licking his wounds, plotting revenge and just plain embarrassed in the pasture.

All hail Leroy!

2. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    Now that is a story with a happy ending. Here's to Leroy!

3. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    [​IMG]

Go Leroy!!! [​IMG]

4. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    [​IMG]:woot leroy

5. moodlymoo