The Amazing Henzilla come one come all and see the Giant Red Bourbon Hen

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by frank53061, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Henzilla

I have shown this Very large Red Bourbon Hen to Celie and she is just getting bigger she is bigger than any of my Toms.
    she is 2 to 3 times the size of my Turkey Hens.
    I thought for the longest time she was a he but has a short snood no carbuncles and a head that is the shape of a hen I also have never seen her display like the Toms do.
    You Know what they say if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be a duck well in this case its one BIG dang Hen.
    She also the friendliest of the Hens.
    I got these all at the same time 3 days old from Mail order Cackle Hatchery.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. Nike

Nike Young&Beautiful

Jul 8, 2012
    My Coop
    They're beautiful!!

3. TamTurkey

TamTurkey Chirping

Oct 17, 2012
    Texas
    Very pretty

4. Shelshanam

Shelshanam In the Brooder

Henzilla! Gotta love her name! She is a pretty gal.

Are you thinking of keeping her as a breeder or platter her for a great dinner?

5. Celie

Celie Songster

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    Frank, You better keep her, I want some of her EGGS. It would be a waste of a fantastic gene pool to slaughter HER!! Just FEED HER, Seymour ![​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  6. Reyort

Reyort In the Brooder

Jul 23, 2012
    Beaumont, Texas
    I agree as long as she can be mated with and she does not crush the eggs.

7. Yep she has earned a place in the keeper section and I will cross my fingers and hope I can get some good egg production from her.
    If she turns out to be a egg cracker I will Incubate them and Yes Celie I will do my best to get you some of her eggs I just hope the Toms are not Intimidated by her size other wise there will no fertile eggs [​IMG]

And here is wishing everyone a MERRY Christmas.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by