The Angel Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Snowygirl, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Hi all, This story is kind of long....but it's a really cool story about how amazing God is. We had a chicken named Goldie and she was always a special chicken everything about her was......sweet. She and my sister had a special bond. (let's say my sisters name is Carrie) Carrie could put Goldie to
    sleep super fast and she'd carry Goldie around like a baby. To put it simply Goldie was Carrie's best friend they would play out in the backyard forever. Then one day Carrie ran inside screaming " Goldie's hurt!!! She's bleeding!!!". Well she was....a lot. There was a huge cut from her ear
    to her shoulder. It was terrible! My sister was close to tears so we took her to the vet and they said she'd need stitches and it would be about $300! Carrie looked up at my my mom and asked "Will Goldie be okay?" of corse my mother couldn't say no.....so then Goldie was all fixed up and
    when we got the bill said egg discount and the bill had been brought down to around $200. Then a close family friend donated some money to get Goldie fixed up. Long story short Goldie was fixed up and Carrie was thrilled. Goldie died about a year later to the talons of a hawk just a day
    before she turned a year old. But in her short life she changed many lives and showed how God can work through anything or anybody.....I hope that you enjoyed this story! [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Very nice story! But sad that Goldie died !! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith &amp; Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    What a great and sad story!! i know how you feel.
    I had a rooster named peep, that was our dog! But last year, he also was killed by a hawk!! [​IMG]
    Im just now getting the strength to tell the story!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Snowygirl

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Yeah, I know how you feel.....I'm sorry about your roo! [​IMG]

5. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    aww. What a great story! Sad, but great. Goldie's an angel living at the rainbow bridge away from cuts and stitches now being happy! You should be happy for her. She knows you tried. [​IMG]

6. Snowygirl

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    Thanks, We really loved her......we ALL cried when she died. [​IMG]

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Ohhh, I'm so sorry you lost your special girl. I truly believe we'll see our beloved animals again. That lion and lamb have to come from somewhere!

8. Snowygirl

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    I believe that all loved animals have a place in Heaven. So I'll see her again.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by