1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I finally finished building the coop/run annex!
    I am quite pleased as I built the whole darn thing all by myself. I still have lots of painting to do, but the thing is up and the chickens have moved in. The new run is 16'x20'. The left playhouse is the roost hut and the right playhouse is the nest box house. The shed/lean-to in between them is 4'x8' and about 3-ish feet tall. The playhouse are the Lowe's playhouse kit with some modifications.

[​IMG]

The top of the whole thing is covered with netting to help deal with random hawks. I zip tied it together and to the chicken wire.

2. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Looks nice and big. Nice color scheme

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I need to finish the painting. The roof and rest of the trim will be red as well. The original coop is red with white trim, but I've found that the flies will not leave the red surfaces alone. So far my fly theory is holding true on these as well. The flies swarm around the red surfaces and ignore the white. Go figure.
    I'll get it painted eventually. [​IMG]

4. sianara

sianara Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    CityGirl,
    Could you post a link to view the picture in a larger format? Your set up looks good but I can't see the detail clearly enough. Thanks.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Ummmm... maybe? How do I do that?

6. sianara

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    I've never posted a picture in this forum but if you go to the Uploads link at the top of this page, it brings you to the page where you browse for your photo.

You can either re-post the picture a larger size than what you originally posted it OR you can provide the link to view the photo on another internet site (this is assuming you HAVE the picture posted on a site like photobucket).

7. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Are these better?

8. sianara

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Oh yeah I like the back of the coop shot. The first photo wasn't bad, I just felt like I couldn't see all the detail of your set up and I love to see detail [​IMG]

What did you use for roofing? Originally, I thought it was wood shake shingles but now it looks like strips of wood instead. I like the look alot.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008
  9. Sandrachx

Sandrachx Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2007
    Chelsea, MI
    Quote:right click on the picture you want to enlarge - click copy - go to a Word document blank page in landscape format - click paste from ruler at top of Word document.

then click on picture, touch bottom corner and drag the picture bigger...

10. sianara

Apr 27, 2007
    Central MA
    Quote:right click on the picture you want to enlarge - click copy - go to a Word document blank page in landscape format - click paste from ruler at top of Word document.

then click on picture, touch bottom corner and drag the picture bigger...

Jeez, I should have remembered I could do this. I used to do professional word documentation all the time [​IMG] Thanks Sandrachx! It definitely helped, but I guess what I really want to do is come over and walk around the yard to see the whole set up lol [​IMG] jk

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by