The Anticipation is Killing Me!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mylilchix, Nov 22, 2008.

1. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahhhhhhh! [​IMG] I can't take it!! Out of the 3 EE chicks I got in June 2 turned out to be roos and headed to the dinner table. My only 24 w/o hen is on the verge of laying, and I can't take the suspense any longer. [​IMG] She keeps going into the nest boxes, makes, her nest, tests it out, and then heads to the next nest box. Lay darn it!!! She's spent the last 2 days doing this and I can't wait any longer to see what color her egg will be!!! [​IMG] Just can't handle the wait anymore!!

Sonja

2. eeiko321

eeiko321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2008
    patience is the key

and are u depending on the eggs or something?

if she doesn't end up laying, wouldn't u want to keep her as a pet?

i really wouldn't care if my 2 hens dint lay...
    pet cats, pet dogs, pet rats & pet hamsters dint lay things u could eat either?

3. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    One of my EEs started laying at 26 weeks. The other three brats haven't laid a darn thing. They too are playing house with the nest boxes, but not an egg to be seen. I think they just like to mess with our heads.

4. mylilchix

mylilchix Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 13 other hens. 4-5 of them are currently laying. I'm not depending on her eggs. I just can't wait to get a blue green egg. We were so excited to get out first faverolle egg today. It's just the exciitement of seeing who'll lay next!

Sonja

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by