The April 2021 Local Feed Prices Thread

Red-Stars-in-RI

Crowing
10 Years
Mar 24, 2014
Rhode Island
Picked up some feed today, and figured maybe I'd start a thread about local food prices. Hope others find this fun and share your local prices.

My purchases were made today, April 7th at Tractor Supply in Coventry, RI. Prices do not include sales tax.

Dumur Layer Pellet 50 lb - $14.49

Producer's Pride Whole Corn 50 lb - $10.49

Purina Gamebird & Turkey Starter (30%) 40 lb - $17.99

Oyster Shell 50 lb - $12.49

I bought 3 bags of the layer pellet, plus some cat food....so I got LOTS of exercise unloading. :D

That seems typical for here too, but the corn is wayyy cheaper in iowa.
As odd as it may sound...I’m actually glad to hear this is the case, since it makes logical sense.

Shipping something heavy from Iowa to the northeast SHOULD make it cost more.

So much of supply-side economics doesn’t pass the “yup, that makes sense” test, though!

As odd as it may sound...I’m actually glad to hear this is the case, since it makes logical sense.

Shipping something heavy from Iowa to the northeast SHOULD make it cost more.

So much of supply-side economics doesn’t pass the “yup, that makes sense” test, though!
When I lived in Florida, the oranges we bought at the grocery store were from California... I always wondered at it.

my local feed costs (Wiregrass Area of FL/GA/AL) on the FL Panhandle side are up about $2/bag for the local mill (less for the layer feed, but there have been two price increases in the last few months). I've not seen a shortage of oyster shell yet (my local feed store doesn't stock it) and I've not been in TSC looking at poultry feeds (as opposed to the new chick display) recently, but it wouldn't surprise me. I've about 30# of mannapro left, so its not an urgent concern at present.

and according to the Internet, my local TSC's Purina Flockraiser is now $18.49/bag - that's increased - "on sale" for $17.49. Used to be $17.49, on sale for $15.49 not so long ago.

Back
Top Bottom