1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The army is marching across my roof

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilling in muscadine, Nov 6, 2008.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    O.K. not really but it sure does sound like it. I have two huge cedar trees that are growing right in front of my porch. Come night time these trees are full of chickens. Smart place to sleep if you are chicken. Anyway everyday when its time for the chickens to come off the roost instead of flying out of the trees they decided to march all the way to the back of the house and then fly down to the ground. Its rather humorous hearing this marching going on everyday. I wonder who the drill seargent is? lol:lau

2. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    [​IMG]

3. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

Thats a good army to have [​IMG]

4. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    [​IMG]

5. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    How cool! I'll bet you look forward to hearing that every day! Do they reverse the march in the evening, or fly straight up into the tree?

6. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    you can tell the sarge....the one with the little hat and the extra stripes on the uniform. usually yelling things like...'Would you kiss your momma with that beak, WOULD YOU SOLDIER????'

mine do this too. so funny. only, they have their trees in the side yard, so no roof marching. they get in a little line and the lead hen, Betty, picks her spot, then Miss Thistleswait and Amelia. lastly, Lord Wellington brings in the rear and parks it.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL I'd like to see that

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    My guineas do that. Hearing the pitter patter of tiny claws always reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the ventriloquist's dummy.

9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:I can just here it now"would you kiss your mama with that beak." Now thats funny![​IMG]

10. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Rte.66_chicks :

How cool! I'll bet you look forward to hearing that every day! Do they reverse the march in the evening, or fly straight up into the tree?

Only some of them reverse the march and head from the back of the house to the front but you know how crazy chicken nite nite time is anyway. lol​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by