The Babies are Here! (w/formal portraits)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Moselle, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Moselle

Moselle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    The P.O. called this morning and I was there in about 5 minutes! They were all alive and are looking healthy - love the grogel! They sent an extra RIR just in case, which is fine by me (hopefully also a girl). So that makes 2 RIRs, a Del, a Buff Orp, a Black Australorp, an Ameraucana, and a BR. So cute and my kids can hardly contain themselves!

edited to add the lovelies:

[​IMG]
    Ameraucana

[​IMG]
    Delaware

[​IMG]
    Black Australorp

[​IMG]
    Barred Plymouth Rock

[​IMG]
    Rhode Island Red sisters

[​IMG]
    Buff Orpington (who seems to have perked up.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  2. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    how cute! so fluffy! congratulations! [​IMG]

all you have to do to get the pic to show in your post is click on the 'Img' button up there when you're composing your post (it's between 'U' and 'Quote', above the smiley faces). That will insert html image tags in your post. Click your cursor between the img and /img tags and paste in your url there, just like you pasted it in 'plain' into your post above.

hth,

Pat

3. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Cool! Did you order from MyPetChicken to get such a small amount?

4. Moselle

Jan 17, 2008
    [​IMG]

Aha! Finally figured it out.

I ordered from Meyer. When I placed my order, the forecast was for near 60* temps, and naturally we're more than 20* off - so I was pretty worried about the cold. However, they shipped overnight and seem to have been kept moderately warm in a small box with hay and a little heating pad.

I have to leave them home alone for a couple of hours this afternoon. I'm so paranoid. I know they'll be fine. In fact, they may actually get some rest since my kids won't be oooh-ing and aaaahhh-ing over them for a while [​IMG]

I need to take out the grogel and make sure they all know how to get a drink before we leave them...

Oh, and one more thing. The Buff Orp seems pretty sleepy - more than the rest of them. I have seen her eat the grogel, and now some of the chick starter. I've also seen her drink some water. But she seems to want to sleep and only gets up when someone runs into her or something startles her. When she is awake, she seems pretty lively for a few minutes, then it's back to sleep. Is this normal? Should I just keep a close eye on her?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  5. Rindee

Rindee Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2007
    I was just wondering if your chicks have arrived yet. I'm still waiting for mine. I fully expected a phone call at 4 am this morning. I called the PO at 8 am just in case they had a bad phone number or something. They said they still haven't arrived. So I am still waiting and wishing...

Yours look so cute, and your brooder looks just like mine, too!

6. Moselle

Jan 17, 2008
    Quote:Haven't arrived yet? [​IMG] Well phooey. I sure hope they turn up soon! I live very close to the airport here - I wonder if that's why I got them so early.

7. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

How sweet!!! That's about the same size as my brooder. Let me know how fast they outgrow it. I'll have one more than your bunch. What do you think, 3 weeks maybe?

They are adorable!

8. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Cute little ones.

9. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    When they get a belly full, they will just plop down like their dead, and sleep.

10. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by