The babies moved out to the Coop! (Pic Heavy)

GoldDogsMom

Songster
8 Years
Aug 10, 2011
Indiana, PA
My 5 week old chicks were ready as was I so today was moving day! Here are some before and after pics of my new coop which was a free 8x8 shed that we rennovated!

DH supervising the move!
103160_img_0935.jpg

103160_img_0937.jpg

and now...
103160_img_0279.jpg

103160_img_0282.jpg

back still needs painted but...added a Chicken Picture Window and a door for the run yet to be built!

103160_img_0312.jpg

and the girls/inside

103160_img_0311.jpg

103160_img_0310.jpg

103160_img_0309.jpg

Love those Chickies! and my DH for being so tolerant! (Let's see how happy he is after the run project
tongue.png
and then some open windows with flaps in the spring!)

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png

Thanks! I was surprised at how it looked after painting! I hope to get the back painted tonight and brush the green moss off the shingles! DH has helped me with the big stuff like the windows and fortunately I am pretty handy with power tools and a paintbrush! Of course I will add some nesting boxes closer to laying time.

Congrats on getting the chicks outside. I know it was a tough hurdle to get over.
smile.png
The coop looks great I'm sure they will be happy and healthy in there.

On a side note: At some point you may want to add a little more ventilation to the coop for moisture and ammonia to escape.

Quote:
I have been thinking about that...my other coop was a pre built and has no added ventilation, we didn't have any issues last winter.

After reading lots of comments here about ventilation, I was considering adding something like this on the peak on the back and possibly the front...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_17159-52595...0__s?Ntt=vent&Ns=p_product_price|0&facetInfo=

what does anyone think?

I've got to run now but I look forward to any suggestions!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom