The Bagpiper's Story

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by Intheswamp, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    The Bagpiper's Story...

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Kentucky back-country.

As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost; and being a typical man I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight.

There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man.

And as I played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head hung low my heart was full.

As I was opening the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "Sweet Jesus, I never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for over twenty years!!"

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    That is really funny.... Are you joking?

3. Intheswamp

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:<chuckle> Maybe I need to edit it to clarify that the bagpiper is not me! [​IMG] It was sent to me by a friend. Truth or fiction? Who knows? [​IMG]

4. sjarvis00

sjarvis00 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Shawnee, OKlahoma
    I had my husband come ready it.... Thought he needed a laugh.

5. laceynoelle

laceynoelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Reno
    [​IMG] That. is. amazing.... [​IMG] but has anyone actuallt heard amazing grace on bagpipes? its so pretty..

6. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Quote:Pretty? Oh my gosh it makes my skin goose bump! In fact check this out:

Great joke!

7. BetsyOK

BetsyOK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2009
    Near Tulsa
    Quote:Pretty? Oh my gosh it makes my skin goose bump! In fact check this out:

Awesome!

8. Intheswamp

Mar 25, 2009
    South Alabama
    Quote:Back in May '09 at my mother's funeral.

Ed

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

LOL! I will pass on this joke to hubby!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix