The Barnhart, MO Petting Zoo!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JLusk1404, Oct 18, 2016.

1. JLusk1404

JLusk1404 New Egg

Oct 18, 2016
    My name is Joe Lusk and the wife, Darcy and I have a pseudo-farm/petting zoo located just south of St. Louis, MO. In total, we have 4 dogs, 4 cats, 4 goats, 9 chickens, and 2 turkeys. We are a big hit with the family. All of the fowl were purchased. Of the remaining 12 animals, all but 1 were rescues, the exception being our 9 year-old chihuahua, Rhino.

We have only 3 acres, but we have made the best use of it to accommodate our little farm. We only harvest the chicken eggs, though none of those are actually laying yet. My wife had never worked an active farm before, but she has taken to it with a passion. Myself, being a native Texan have worked my great-granddad's and granddad's farm for many a summer, caring for Brahmas, white-faced masons, tons of goats, sheep, horses (on occasion), and chickens.

I am pleased that there are others who share our interests and I hope to learn a lot from all of you here.

Thanks!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Joe, Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock. So glad you joined us [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi, Joe and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I wish you every success with your farm and please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
    CT

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Joe, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like a petting zoo, indeed! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

5. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Nice sounding bunch of animals! Have a fantastic time on here! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to backyard chickens! I am so glad you joined us, and I look forward to hearing all about the zoo adventures! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have!

8. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by