1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Barred Rock Sister's Diary

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by OneCrazyCowgirl, Nov 23, 2012.

1. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Enjoy the diary of my little barred rock chicks: Dixie, Ebony, Sweetheart, and Lady. All these stories are true except I am not sure what they are thinking. Just guessing of what they were thinking at the time.

*-Lady
    ~-Dixie
    ^-Sweetheart
    >-Ebony
    '- All

First day in the World
    'We don't know whats going on. Not sure why but we are being shoved in a square thing. It's dark and there are others in here. We saw light, now it's dark. What is this?'

Arrival
    'One the one of them died. We all snuggled close to the edge of the box. We were scared. A weird looking thing opened the square. Once we saw it we noticed it looked like the same things who threw us in the box.'
    *It picked me up. I was shaking and afraid. It put me in the black nest. The Heat was in there. Food and water too.*
    ~I watched Lady go, and a few others. I was next. The pinkish hands grabbed by body and set me in. I kept staring at the thing, wondering what is was. I felt extreme curiosity.~
    ^Ebony and I were put in at the same time. We immidiatly ran. It was scary. I ran for The Heat.^

Getting to know The Thing
    ~It brought us food. It brought us water. If we were hot it moved The Heat. If we were cold, it did likewise. Was this mama? I wasn't sure. It was large and was different looking. But I appreciated the kindness. It sang to me and the others. It's voice was sweet and never stern. But I have yet to trust the thing.~
    *I had no interest in the thing. It may be nice sounding but it was large and almost creepy looking.*
    >This thing is funny. It sings and cradles us. I'm not sure what to think. All I know is it's big and cares for us.>

[​IMG]Ebony

Is this Mama?
    ~I think this is mama. I just don't know why she looks so different. She cradles me and sings "All the pretty little chickies". I love it and it makes me sleepy.~
    ^I have to keep my sister's safe. This thing seems loving enough, but I'll always watch my sisters back.^
    *She's sweet but I don't know what to believe.*

Acceptance
    ~This is mama. I roost on her arm now. She calls me her baby and pets my back. I really love mama~
    ^I roost with Ebony and Dixie on mamas arm. I can trust her. She doesn't hurt us. She sings to us. She feeds us and provides for us.^
    *I jump on it's arm everyonce in awhile, but I don't know. I can't stay on for long, I just run away. But I think in time, I'll trust her like the others do.*
    >She's nice. I love her arm.>

Feathers Coming In
    'We are growing constantly everyday. These weird things are taking place of our down but it's pretty as mama says.'

[​IMG] Dixie up in the Camara

[​IMG] "MAMA!"

[​IMG]Sweetheart Roosting

[​IMG]"I'm sleepy"

The Red "Solo" Cup
    ~Cleaning time. I love it! Mama doesn't have anywhere to put us so she gets the Red "Solo" Cup out and scoops out the old bedding and places in the new. I love to chase the cup. I jump in it's way as it scoops up the bedding. One time I even got on top of it! But I ended up running away x) It's so much fun and Mama always laughs at me!~
    *Cleaning time. I don't like it. Mama brings out the Red "Solo" Cup. It's SCARY! It's huge, red and scary! It scoops up the bedding and puts new stuff in. I got close and it had it's mouth open! Gobbling up the bedding and maybe me if I got too close!*
    ^Dixie loves cleaning time and I have to say its funny to watch her. I am on the stand by incase the cup tries anything dumb.^

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. abbey808

abbey808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Hawaii
    I love barred rock chicks! They are such sweet looking babies. [​IMG] Looking forward to more stories and pics.

3. OneCrazyCowgirl

Thank you! I LOVE them too!

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    [​IMG]That's very good!!! Please write some more!!!

6. Eggnog101

Eggnog101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    aww, they're so cute!

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Good Diary, can't wait to hear more.!.!
    [​IMG]

8. OneCrazyCowgirl

Thank yall!

9. OneCrazyCowgirl

New entry above ^.^

10. OneCrazyCowgirl

Dont know if yall have been still wanting me to post more or not but it's been awhile so some more should be coming in a few mins :3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by