The beginning of my coop/run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Mommysongbird, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    We began on our coop today (actually it was yesterday, but we didn't get much done with all the on/off of rain) but today we got quite a bit of the run done.

My hubby, Roger taking a break to 'pose' for the camera. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here he is just walking the length of the run (8 foot).
    [​IMG]

The backside [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At work
    [​IMG]

Getting their [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's our apartment/storage building in the background. Run frame is finished, have to build the door and put on the wire.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Looking forward to see the progress as it comes together! [​IMG]

3. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like your DH knows what he's doing. Have fun!

4. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:No, not really! [​IMG] I have this 'picture' in my head of what I want, so I am having to tell him how I want it and he is like "WHAT!" I am helping with all the putting together, because of course I am the only one who can see the 'picture' of what I want.

We will put the wire on the run tomorrow after I go get some other kind of nail. I got the nails with the little round spacers and my hubby was reading the box today and it states to NOT USE THESE WITH PRESSURE TREATED WOOD, no one at Lowe's told me this information!! So I think we may end up going with staples. [​IMG]

After we get the wire on the run I hope to start on and finish the coop. Saturday will be fishing with our son day, so not much work will get done on the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by