The beginning of my Pallet Coopaloop!

gapeach717

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North, ga
I have been harvesting pallets all over town since before I even got my chickies! Now with some additional fence pieces we have left over I am working on my coop, pen, and we even did a fence to separate our upper (humans, kids, chickies) yard from the bottom yard (dogs, swingset, creek) made out of pallets and only new lattice! Here is the first wall done (except for door) and a few of my fence too!

(hubby is behind it holding it up...we are just getting our measurements in order at this point)

and my pallet fence
cool.png

thank you!! its record temps for this time of the year and pollen is off the charts, so its been a slightly miserable 2 days LOL, but then i get to come in and play with my chickies and its all better, lol!

Thank you. I am sitting here suddenly feeling very discouraged and panicked over it, thinking the whole thing is going to be a mess :( hoping it is just new mommy failure fears kicking in!! I want it to be right so bad it has me stressed out big time. Money is a huge factor and I am trying hard to keep my cost bottom line. Praying I get this right! :) thanks for the support! I plan on keeping this thread going as I go along :)

Oh dear! I'm sorry you hurt your toe. Take your time and don't worry. You will do a great job! This site has a lot to offer as well as some fantastic advice. You will find yourself looking at it every day for ideas. I spent months looking at coop pics before I even started building my coop. Then I discovered this forum and found out chicken wire was not good for keeping predators out. Thank goodness! I had time to make a change before the coop was finished and now feel confident in the safety of the girls. I wish you the best of luck in your build. I think that it will turn out to be a project you can look back on and be proud of. So, chin up!, and keep up the great work!

Thank you so much. I am on here way more than I should be already, lol. This is my first go around as a chickie mommy but I have wanted them all my life! I literally squealed like a little girl when I got my polish and silkie chicks today to add to my quickly growing flock! I am scouring for ideas and advise and pics daily many many times a day! Totally addicted! Have my toe buddy bandaged now and planning while inlay here in bed listening to my babies peep and chirp downstairs ;)

Thanks for the encouragement! You all are so awesome here!

Lol it just came to me as I was hauling pallets home the other day. I told my husband I was hauling pallets for the coopaloop and it stuck, so it's the official name :p

Back
Top Bottom