The Belly Fat Cure

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BamaChicken, Oct 5, 2010.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    My son directed me and his dad to this book. We started a week and half ago and have lost 10 lb. I am delighted of course. I am eating so well and not hungry at all. I feel like I have been detoxed. Anyone else read this book and trying this.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Oh. sounds like a good one! What kind of diet is it? What do you eat?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Wow...I'll have to check that out! I just got done reading the Detox Diet one...and I managed to cut out caffeine but I couldn't even gag down the nasty "smoothies" that I was supposed to. I also tried fasting for 2 days...ended up almost passing out, getting really dizzy and a major headache. I did drink a lot of water and I'm only drinking detox tea & water now (rather than milk, pop and coffee). Not one pound lost or gained. Sighs.

4. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    I cannot believe it . I am down another 1 1/2 pounds this morning. It is really a food plan. I don't use splenda anymore or any other articficial sweetners. No sugar. I ate cereal with blueberries yesterday morning. Had a Hebrew National hotdog weiner for snack. Ate at LaBamba for lunch and had a grilled chicken salad with Gualmole dip for dressing. Drank a 1/2 Sobe life water and 5 mission Tortilla chips with a little aboutTsp hummus for snack. Had a cup of yummy coleslaw I made with two Steak Tortilla wraps I made.

the key is keeping Sugar to 15 grams and under a day and Carb Servings to 6

It keeps your insulin levels low and steady and when they are not increased you will not store fat.

5. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    BTW the milk i use on my Esekiel or Uncle Sam Cerel is Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Milk 40 calorie unsweetened. I use Stevia to sweeten. I don't eat cereal every morning. I eat Eskeiel toast or High Fiber no sugar Tortilla wraps that are the small size with eggs Cheese and Bacon. I just had one for breakfast. couldn't eat two so will save the other for snack time. YOu will quit craving food.

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Will check it out too.Mushrooms or greens in a egg wrap is good too. I like pickled cactus too. No idea what a labamba is,so going to look that one up. I just need to get 12 more pounds off to drop one of my meds,so I will go order this book and give it a try.

What is your total carb intake? Dh tries to watch that one due to diabetes.I just count calories.

7. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Will have to check it out. I know I am addicted to sugar though, so it will be a hard path for me to follow....

8. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I know I need to quit drinking all the soda but I'm so addicted [​IMG] , and it's diet soda too! Is there a rehab or soda addiction annoymous group somewhere [​IMG] I can join? I need a support [​IMG] group.

9. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I will fill you guys in on my top secret personal cure for Belly fat...

.... don't look down!

10. BamaChicken

Nov 14, 2007
    Sorry La Bamba is local chain of Mexican Resturants.
    I don't take in more than six servings of Carbs which I think is about 120 grams. and no more than 15 grams of Sugar. I can't tell you how much better I feel. Getting that Splenda and other artificial sweetners out of my system. I was doing a low carb diet anyway but was at such a standstill. I started this and lost 8 lb the first week. According to the author you will not plateau if you are not taking in more of the Sugar /Carbs than nessecary. This has been the easiest thing I have ever done. I never eat all the Sugars. I do eat the carbs trying to get the fiber in. After I read the book I never want to eat sugar again. I am totally not craving food and can't and don't eat all I fix to eat. That is a change. I do reccomend reading the book.
    We just had a new Publix open today and they had lots of the items I look for so didn't have to run from store to store. I do try and keep it simple. Sobe water is my friend though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by