The Best Birthday Morning Ever!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WindyOaksYokes, Aug 18, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Hi all,
    Well I woke up to the best birthday presents ever this morning. My kids made me pancakes and sausage for breakfast in bed this morning, and they also gave me a pair of pants and a really nice top. My littlest won a baseball cap in one of those quarter machines and won a hat, which she gave me this morning (I still think she should have kept it, but I gave her a big hug and said ty). Then I went out to let chickens out of the coop... and found the BIGGEST egg layed to date by "momma hen" I just had to take a picture of it... I couldnt believe how big it was compared to the others she has been laying... at least now DH can make me a cake and not have to go to the store [​IMG] (we ran out of eggs yesterday). Plus, all the kids did most of their chores without even being asked. What more could a mom ask for!
    Hope you all have a great day... Its lookin good so far here so I Know I will... who knows maybe more of my hens will start laying today!!! Wouldn't that be terrific!!!!!!!

Tes

[​IMG]

2. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Happy Birthday!! Yes, it makes your b-day even happier when all goes well and you get big eggs!!

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks so much Heidi, and yes... it makes life wonderful with those big beautiful eggs... The size differece surprised me... the small one was just layed yesterday evening by the same hen... guess she decided I needed a good birthday present [​IMG]

Tes

4. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Happy Birthday Tes,,,,how nice that everyone remembered you, even Momma hen.[​IMG]

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    [​IMG]

Have a great day Tes!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Happy Birthday, Tes! Bet it's a double-yolker!

7. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks you guys... yes it has been a real nice day... I will find out and let you know Cyn if it is a double yoker when DH and the kids make my cake... [​IMG] By the way, I have anoter hen in the coop laying [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Tes

8. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Happy Birthday Tess! Isn't it great when you can so much enjoy the 'little' things in life? Kids doing chores unasked, chickens laying BIG eggs.....[​IMG]

Have a great weekend.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Looks like you got presents from ALL!!

10. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks Deb and cherpy... yes it was nice that even my hen thought of me... [​IMG]

I did have a good day for the most part... up til I found an injured rooster... and now dont know what to do... but it was still a nice day all in all.... Thanks to all!!!

Tes

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by