The best Christmas gift!!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Slightly Cracked, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    OK!! We have a tradition of opening 1 Christmas present a night, starting about 3-4 days BEFORE Christmas. Usually it is because we have gotten something for someone and we are just dying to give it to them!!!!

Tonight my son ( he is 10 ) brought me a gift and told me he wanted me to open it. I told that it was ok and I didn't have, to but he insisted. So I went ahead and opened my gift and it was a new pair of Nikes. Now I know your thinking sooooooo......but he actually thought about this. 2 week ago he went with me to the doctor, I went and seen a Podiatrist for heel pain. The doctor was AWESOME and "let" him take the x-rays and was great. Turns out that I have spurs on both heels and have plantar facitis. Well we ended up injecting both heels that day and was talking about the best shoes to wear. Now I LOVE my Nike Shox but he said they was not good for the way I walked on my feet and to get something with a solid heel pieces.
    I thought that my new shoes was the most beautiful gift I have every gotten. He went out and used his OWN money and picked them out, had them wrapped and gave them to me. I am just amazed by his thoughtfulness and I just had to share. [​IMG]
    Now if I can get his dad to think like that. [​IMG] J/K I got and egg turner from hubby!!

Please share stories of your most treasured gift!!

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    [​IMG]

me,
    g

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:Yup....me too. That is so sweet. Gotta get a tissue, this is like my thrid tear jerker and my shirt is getting wet. [​IMG]

4. mcg30_40

mcg30_40 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    alabama
    How sweet!! With all the bad raps on kids now days it is so nice when the good kids get noticed. My newphew is thoughtful and caring that way (he is 13) and he is my three yr old daughter's hero.

5. PoultryScienceAggie

PoultryScienceAggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    College Station, TX
    Thats very sweet of him!

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    What a wonderful boy! EC reaches for tissues >>>>>>>>>

7. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    Ohhh [​IMG] What a sweet boy..thanks for sharing with us [​IMG], I know he will get great joy out of seeing you wear those shoes.

8. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    [​IMG] Give that kid a round of applause [​IMG]

9. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    What a great kid!

10. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    Thanks guys for all the kind words!! [​IMG]
    I wore my new shoes today and felt like a princess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by