The best deal on pine shavings???

Check your local feed store. We buy ours in huge bales at around $5 at ours. A local pet store is also another option but they do tend to charge a little more. Good luck.

We are facing that dilemma as well.

Did you look at Concord Hay and Feed? That is where most chicken owners around here go. Also, depending on where you are in the bay area, it can be easy to get to a really cheep store. We stop at one just outside sacramento whenever we are on the way to Lake Tahoe.
where are you in the bay area?

Were are in Alameda, we go to Mike's Hay and Feed in San Leandro, they have big bags for 12.00. They are about half the size of a bale of hay, mabye just a tiny bit smaller. I'm just wondering if there is a better deal somewhere on the internet.

I go to Concord Feed too (one in Pleasant Hill and one in Concord). I can't remember the exact price or sq. ft. per bag, but you could call and ask. There is also Alamo Hay & Grain Co.

The best place we've found around here is TSC. The pet stores are triple the price in our area for most everything they keep.

But they did have plain white rabbit's on sale for $99.99
roll.png

I get my bundle of pine shavings at feed store for $8.00 I was just thinking that if you buy on internet won't you increase your cheaper price with the shipping cost unless of course you find place with free shipping. Just a thought!!
hu.gif

Quote:

I think your best bet is probably just to go to a store. In my experience, the online stores tend to charge a little less on the shavings but charge a lot for the shipping. Some stores call it an "irregular object" and charge even MORE for shipping. I would take a look at some of the small feed stores the the area as well. We are in Lamorinda.

We have Big R and Tractor Supply stores here in In. and Il. Don't know if you have them where you live....
I can get broken bags of pine shavings there for 1.00 a bag! You normally pay 5.69 for them...
I asked and they said it was their policy to sell them if bag is torn and taped or has gotten moisture in it from storing outside of stores..
A little wet around edges but heck I just have to pitch a few handfuls away or let bag dry out in basement.......

Also they half off their feed and dog and cat food if bag is damaged!!! I can save money that way and right now I have enough pine shavings to last till spring!
good luck on your search....

Back
Top Bottom