The best laid plans......

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kbarrett, Nov 19, 2008.

1. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    I've been caring for my elderly grandfather since my grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago. My 5yo DS sleep back on the farm Sunday thru Thursday. Wednesday nights DS attends a youth meeting at the church so it's a bit rushed to get supper cooked, eaten and get him to there on time. Then it gives me time to come home & spend some time with the animals & get them fed and of course visit here a few minutes. To save myself some time I stuck a small chicken in the crockpot this AM. It's so nice to have dinner waiting when you get home! After work I collected DS and walked into my grandfather's house expecting to smell simmering chicken.... After greeting him he left me know that something was on the counter in the sink, he didn't know what it was but it was very hot so he unplugged it this afternoon [​IMG]
    [​IMG] I hope when I'm 94 I get the chance to help out my grandkids too [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If at first you don't succeed. Try, try again.

No doubt about it... You did your best.

3. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    That's sweet. What a blessing that you still have a grandparent(and he's blessed to have you). [​IMG] I was privileged to care for my dad during his last few yers. Sometimes the stress was intense but it ws so worth it. [​IMG]

Edited for typo

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:That really is sweet. He was concerned. I love old people. Similar story - had the baby here tonight - long story to tell the relation, but he turned my oven down to 250 when it was 350. dinner was delayed....

5. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    This is one of those things you remember 'later' with fondness.

We (my siblings and I) joke about our mom's black-bottomed dinner rolls (no kidding...the woman could NOT just heat up heat-n-serve rolls for nuthin!) and the way our elderly father fuss and fume saying, "This is MY house, g--d----t!"

Bless you for being there for him now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by