The biddie dance

chilling in muscadine

{ I love being disfunctual }
11 Years
Jun 8, 2008
muscadine, al.
jumpy.gif
Have you ever noticed while you are reaching into your brooder to pick up a baby chick- the chick perform's a unique dance only known to baby chick's. The techinical name for the dance is "The iddle biddie chickie dance." The move's to the dance are quite simple but have some magical element's to them. The move's go like this- chick move's forward and then backward's- right and then left. They go north, south, east and then west but it doesn't have to be in that particular order. The dance is performed in a very fast pace. The magical part of the whole dance is you never see the biddies leg's or feet move. HOW DO THEY DO THAT? Big mystery. I don't care how they do the dance but I still have to laugh everytime I see it performed. lol Anybody else's chick's do this dance? Just wondering if the dance is catching on. PEACE

Is it still The Chick Dance if big girls do it? Mine dance with their fluffy chests up against the wire when they see the Treat Wagon coming.

Funny. I was talking to mom the other day about life on the farm. I was trying to explain the rooster dance. She said, "I've never seen a rooster dance." In the background I could hear her husband saying, "You've seen mine." Eeeeeewww!

yuckyuck.gif
Ya don't like to know about parents, do ya?
lau.gif

My birds have all kinds of dances, but I can't say I remember a specific dance when they were little chickies.

Now grown adult chicken's still do this dance but they have perfected the move's to suite them and by this point the magical part of the dance is lost forever. It's still a good dance though. lol

"Biddie dance" is a great name for it. My bigger ones do it particularily when they think they are going to get a juicy bug.

wee.gif
I have new chick's just 6 hour's old and they have already perfected the biddie dance and I didn't teach it to them. Smart chick's don't you think. How bout your chick's????? Just wondering, or maybe my chick's are advanced for there age. lol. PEACE

Back
Top Bottom