the big day

kimberleymichele

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 7, 2010
Ft Wayne
You would have thought we laid it ourself!
ya.gif

53435_first_egg.jpg

53435_getattachment2.jpg

We are 95% sure it's from our buckeye. She was born on Easter. The other option is the barred rock, same age, but she doesn't look ready to lay yet.

Your girls are the same age as two of ours. We have heard a couple of egg songs and one chicken is "squatting", so we think it'll be pretty soon. It's exciting to hear about all these other pullets the same age as ours starting to lay. Has it started cooling off a bit where you live?

Yes, thank heavens! Finally turned off the AC after a scorching summer. BTW, we haven't had a second egg yet, but that's okay. The girls are still talking about the first one
smile.png

I do the same thing. We are in and out of that coop four or five times a day. Mine haven't regulated to mornings yet (as I write this I am hearing the egg song
clap.gif
). They're still getting into their groove.

Congrats! It's beautiful. How did it taste?
droolin.gif

It tasted like an egg. I had started buying free range eggs at local farms at least a year ago. So, I got used to really fresh eggs. I refuse to buy grocery store eggs to compare the two
smile.png

53435_getattachment.jpg

Harlyn was a big fan!

Congrats!!! Those first eggs are so exciting...but we've been getting eggs and now different colored eggs for months...and WE ARE STILL EXCITED !!!
wee.gif

It is just so much fun!

Congrats! Hope you get many more BIG DAYS!!!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom