The Biggest Little Rooster gets Stuck.......

LilBizzy

Chicken Storyteller
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Maryland
I'm sitting here listening to the rain fall. It's a dark and dreary day, but the Christmas tree is lit, bringing a little warmth. Shoes are off, and feet propped up. Judge Marilyn of The Peoples Court is giving someone a dress down. All is good....
Then the extremely hairy creature( who is not so extremely hairy right now because DD got her a haircut), she jumps up on the back of the sofa, and looks out the window. She gave a little bark, and then started growling.
So I get up from the comfy of the sofa, and I peek out the window. I don't see any humans out there. The neighbors have an outside dog, with a nice big fenced in run. I didn't hear that dog barking, so I figured it was nothing. But wait- what's that?
The biggest little rooster was on the fence of the dog run, crowing his little heart out. I threw boots on, and looked, and yup, he was still up there crowing. I grabbed the camera, and opened the door. Of COURSE, because I had camera ready, he was no longer on the fence. Nope, he was IN the dog run.
Now, anyone who has kept up with my Chicken Stories, you know the biggest little rooster is afraid to jump. He takes several minutes to get courage to jump onto the higer roost, and all he needs to do is step, not jump.
So there he is, running around the dog run, trying to figure out how to get out. Luckily, the dog was in its doghouse, sleeping. Or maybe hiding.
The biggest little rooster kept looking up . He knew he'd have to jump. He chickens out. He runs back and forth along the fence. I guess he was thinking a magical gate would open.
He finally got up enough courage, and jumped on the fence and then down to the outside. Came running looking like it was perfectly normal to be stuck in a dog run.

lau.gif
Might have to change his name now!
love.gif
cute story.

Back
Top Bottom