The birds and the Bees, already?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by chickensducks&agoose, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

my 7 year old son came home with a new three letter word ending in X... and starting with S. He had a vague idea of what it meant, and since I believe in honesty (but not full disclosure necessarily), i explained the basics, telling him it is for married grown ups only, who are ready to start a family (since this is my preference for my own children). I told him to not tell this to the other kids, since their parents might not be ready to explain it to their kids, since it's really not kids' business anyway. So... he went to school, and apparently informed ALL the kids during reading (where was the teacher?!?)... i heard this from a parent of a first grade girl, who called me and when I answered, she said "Your son's a (removed by staff)!" and then proceeded to explain how upset she is at me for telling him, and at him for telling her daughter, and I am furious at my son for not following my direct order, and I told him that I am really disappointed that I can't trust him to do the things I tell him to... and that he's in big trouble with me, and with the parents of the other kids, and with his teacher too... which he is. so he's crying (loudly), and I am still so mad. and really think that maybe homeschooling might be our new thing...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I cant believe that mother called your child a (edited by staff)...i'd pop her in her mouth.

3. Nekhebet

Nekhebet Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Erie
    Quote:I might not pop her in the mouth but...
    I'm pretty sure the conversation would not have proceeded well after that first volley fired by the other party.

4. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't even KNOW this lady! I would recognize her kid, but really? I'm mad because I trusted him to NOT tell everyone... not because he told everyone... I understand being mad, since I was a little mad when I heard that someone had told DS in the first place... but really? Nasty phone calls? ugh. i remember, when I was a kid, asking my parents... and they furnished me with a book full of naked, rotund, HAIRY people... i am permanently scarred.

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'd say a woman who calls a 7 year old boy a *edited* is the one with the problem....

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Yup... talk about trash.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Closed due to reports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by