The Boxer Thread (Boxer - A Certain Breed Of Dog)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Louieandthecrew, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

Hello all,
    This is the thread where you have a chance to show off those Boxers (certain dog breed)! They can be any color, male or female and even Boxer mixes, just show me what you got [​IMG] I have a very sweet boxer who is now seven years old. His name is Gabriel. We named him this after the angel who came to Mary in the Bible because he, on his chest, has a pretty white pattern that looks like angel wings! He has a disease called Elephant Man Disease (I'll tell you more about it if you'd like) but we love him all the while! So go ahead and show of your loving Boxers, but remember, be nice, follow all BYC rules, and please do not critisize other people's pets, for they are all unique in their own way, and many are loved dearly.

Thank you!

2. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    [​IMG] I love my boxer! He is so comical and brings laughs and smiles to us every day. Boomer is about 8 months old. I will post pics when I get some on this pc.
    I did everything wrong when I bought him. I bought him from a puppy seller at an exotic auction. It was a three day sale and the seller had puppy pens set up outside of the gates. Everytime I walked past I had to stop and look. The seller was very closed mouthed about the puppies. Any info I got about Boomer I had to drag out of her. My advice to anyone in this situation is RUN!
    For us, it all turned out good. We got a pup with personality plus. He is all white except for a small patch of color on one ear. He has been very healthy and has been growing like crazy. He found out early on that if he sits that something good will happen. So Boomer sits for EVERYTHING! His food, to be let outside....even if one of the other dogs has a toy he wants. He hasn't been able to train the other dogs to give up their toys for him yet...lol.
    Has your boxer trained you yet? lol

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

This is my baby girl Emma. We got her from a guy I used to work with. He knew I had grown up with them and called 1 day to see if I wanted her..FREE!!. I was in town looking for a job, I had been paid off 2 weeks earlier, so went round to LOOK at the dog. When I saw her, I picked her up, said Thank You and walked out the door. I took her straight to the vets, she was flea ridden, anemic, low blood count, and half starved to death. She had been sold at 4 weeks old, I got her when she was 8 weeks old and she weighed 3.5 LBs. Our FREE dog cost us a small fortune over the next few months $2.400 and every week we had to go to the vet for 1 thing or another. Every week we went she put on 4 LBs a week. Here she is the day we got her
    [​IMG]

here she is at 2 years old
    [​IMG]

and now with her brother Locksley
    [​IMG]
    She is my baby girl but she is bad to the bone. She has a Croc fetish and have been thru about 40 pairs over the past 4 years, she also likes socks, she chews the toe and heel out of socks and leaves the rest, and she likes kitchen towels, she will chew a hole right out the middle and leave the rest alone. She will chew every pine cone she can fine...all over the carpet. She may be bad, but shes mine [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  4. The Lisser

The Lisser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, Emma is so beautiful!!

We have a boxer that is also rescued. I found her on the side of the road in 20 degree temperatures, she was emaciated and full of worms. It took me only $750 at the vets [​IMG] to get her back on track. Obviously she had recently had pups and was in heat again so we had her spayed. I tried to find an owner but no one came forward. Which is lucky because we adore her! [​IMG]

My husband has always loved boxers and a few years ago we tried to find one through the local animal rescues. We tried to adopt two boxer mixes but each time it didn't work out (the first one, the foster home decided to keep it and the second one bit my husband - I have my doubts it was actually a boxer mix) . . . anyway I guess God was just saving that space in our home for Martha! Here she is, ready for supper [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In fact she is sleeping on my lap right now.

5. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    So what is elephant man disease? I know what they think caused Joseph Merrick to look the way he did, but I have never heard of any disease like that in connection with a dog...

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Neurofibromatosis is the "Elephant Man" disease in humans. It can cause the formation of non malignant skin and skeletal tumors. There are varying degrees of the disease. In the worst cases it is extremely disfiguring. Oddly enough, I have known two people with the disease. I have never heard of the disease in dogs.

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Lucy (half boxer)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lily and Lucy (both are half boxer)

[​IMG]

8. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I have a reverse brindle named Gracie. I trained her to be a PTSD companion service animal for an Iraqi vet. Unfortunately he ended up in trouble and couldnt take her. So now shes mine. I also have Katie, a pretty brindle who was severely malnourished and had been both neglected and abused. She only weighed 35 pounds when we got her at 14 months of age. She is now a beautiful sound girl. I have a boxer /doberman mix who is a stunning black masked mahogany brindle. People love his looks and I have had a couple of cash offers for him which kind of crack me up since hes kind of a useless boy. His idea of being a working dog is to spread the love around then wait for the kibble to show up in the dish. Sorry no pics..still cant post them for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  9. Epona142

Epona142 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    Bedias, TX
    We have a five year old female, Lady:

[​IMG]

And a 6 month old pup, Junebug:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]