The Boy Next Door

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Celtic Hill, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    So my neighbors have a free ranging flock and they have one rooster, who seems to be visiting my guys lately. Today when i was doing chores i left the door open to my show coop (as i always do) and i turned around and the rooster from nextdoor was right there, and with out thinking i was like "If you mess with my girls ima mess with you" [​IMG] and then i was thinking this is like having a bunch of teenagers and a boy next door feeling his oats. lol. thought i would share [​IMG]

2. somissemilyy

somissemilyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Coldwater, MS
    Oh this was funny. Haha! [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Better guard those gals!

5. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Lol!
    We have a rooster from next door who comes over to visit with my girls. I haven't let them out of their run to free range yet, but he gazes wistfully through the hardware cloth! He came over today with one of his hens as I was in the run, giving my girls a few handfuls of scratch. I even tossed a small handfull through the wire so they could have a little. Then the bugger attacks me when I tried to exit the run! [​IMG] I managed to grab him and hold him in a squat for a few moments, then carried him over away from my coop, towards his own property. Cheeky devil!

6. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    LOL I wish my chickens had playmates from next door... LOL They get a little feisty with each other sometimes but if it switched up a bit maybe they wouldn't.... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by