The bright white hurts my eyes

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by gale65, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gale65

gale65 Chillin' With My Peeps

When I mouse over a thread topic it turns a nice cream color. That isn't so hard on the eyes IMO. White-white is really hard to look at for too long. =(

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. chocolate m'scovy

chocolate m'scovy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2010
    I miss the happy blue cozy color of the old BYC! [​IMG]This looks like an antiquated word processing system or whatnot! :(

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I'm just grateful we have a BYC.

1 person likes this.
  4. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    I don't know. Maybe it's my monitor but I don't seem to have the bright white people are talking about. Sure the areas are white but it seems ok on my computer. A beige would be a nice calming color...... lol. Something to consider with all the complaints..... hehe.

5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

My computer screen is filthy dirty. I guess that might help. [​IMG]

Sorry, I'm no help...........

I don't have that bright bright white that I hear others talking about though. Maybe it really is my dirty monitor screen..... though I was just joking.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

For those that are having problems with the "brightness", we're looking into it.

In the interim, here is what I received from a friend:

Quote:

7. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

8. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Why not try to dim your computer light? You should have a button right on your keyboard or on your control panel. Very easy to do and it will probably help you.

9. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

It's not really a matter of bright so much as it's a matter of the actual white. Trust me the monitor dimmer was already tried and failed to resolve the situation (on my end anyway). I don't think it's really affecting any but those who have certain sensitivities.

10. robin416

robin416 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2007
    Downloaded it also, not liking that it shades from darker to lighter towards the bottom of the screen. I did check a forum and topic to see if that helps and it does.

Elevan, do you notice that the brightness is still trying like crazy to get out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by