The Brock Flock

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by katiebrock, May 31, 2019.

1. katiebrock

katiebrock Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    I just wanted to share some videos of my babies! All four are Khaki Campbell ducks. Sammy and Rufus are about 2 months old and Daisy and Cricket are about 3 weeks old. My dog is a Blue Heeler (Australian Cattle Dog) and her name is Elliott (Ellie). The girls have been staying in a see-no-touch area so the boys can get used to them. Yesterday afternoon and this morning I have been letting the girls out to have some supervised time with the boys. The boys sometimes chase them if they get on their nerves, but for the most part, they are doing very well! The girls love to follow the boys! I am sure those roles will reverse in a few months ;)

2. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    what a great group you have. Your dog is so nice and doing his job. I've got a border collie puppy and she kind of knows what to do she just wants to do it faster than the ducks do.

Miss Lydia and quackiemama like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

Great videos love the ducks an dog!!

katiebrock and quackiemama like this.
  4. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    That is so cute

katiebrock likes this.
  5. katiebrock

katiebrock Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    Yep she knows she is supposed to chase things but she doesn't know any commands, lol! When I tell her to go get the ducks or bring the ducks back she has no idea what I am talking about.

6. katiebrock

katiebrock Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    8DE19066-B12A-4BC7-9B0A-F5166AF5CFF9.jpeg Here is the duck house my husband built! I was quite impressed. The girls are staying here now until they get a little bigger. Poor boys got kicked out of their house when the girls came along. The girls are surprisingly good at going up and down the ramps!

quackiemama and DuckyDonna like this.
  7. DuckyBabies

DuckyBabies Songster

Oct 15, 2018
    Cute ducks and cute dog! I had a blue heeler growing up and would love to have one again!

quackiemama likes this.
  8. katiebrock

katiebrock Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    She is awesome! They have so much energy. We live in the lake so she does a lot of swimming to burn off some of that extra energy.

9. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    Oh my gosh, that is so cute! It looks like the ramp pulls up at night?

quackiemama likes this.
  10. katiebrock

katiebrock Songster

Apr 7, 2019
    Milledgeville, Georgia
    Yes, it does and it latches. I put some grip tape on there to help them get up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: