The Brownies

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
Came to visit daughter and 3 grandkids. My daughter and I take one granddaughter to her lesson. The other one calls on the phone and asks if she can make brownies. My DD says sure. Granddaughter calls back and says there are no eggs. I say I brought you 2 goose eggs. DD looks at me like that's a horrible thing. Granddaughter says what if the brownies taste funny. I said they are eggs and they taste like eggs. DD tells her to be sure to crack it into a separate bowl in case there's a baby in there!!!! I said there's no babies in there. So, suspiciously, DD hangs up and when we get home there's a yummy batch of brownies waiting.

I keep thinking, didn't we go thru this with the chicken eggs several years ago?
hu.gif

That brings back a funny story, (not with geese I guess) but we were doing an experiment with our class with eggs. Being the prankster I was I yelled "There's a chick in this egg!" the whole class grows silent eyes big, even the girl who brought the eggs believed me for a second then she realized she didn't have a rooster. My teacher had to explain why that was impossible.

Came to visit daughter and 3 grandkids. My daughter and I take one granddaughter to her lesson. The other one calls on the phone and asks if she can make brownies. My DD says sure. Granddaughter calls back and says there are no eggs. I say I brought you 2 goose eggs. DD looks at me like that's a horrible thing. Granddaughter says what if the brownies taste funny. I said they are eggs and they taste like eggs. DD tells her to be sure to crack it into a separate bowl in case there's a baby in there!!!! I said there's no babies in there. So, suspiciously, DD hangs up and when we get home there's a yummy batch of brownies waiting.

I keep thinking, didn't we go thru this with the chicken eggs several years ago?
hu.gif
That's hilarious seminolewind.

That brings back a funny story, (not with geese I guess) but we were doing an experiment with our class with eggs. Being the prankster I was I yelled "There's a chick in this egg!" the whole class grows silent eyes big, even the girl who brought the eggs believed me for a second then she realized she didn't have a rooster. My teacher had to explain why that was impossible.
So you got a sex education class out of it too lol
wink.png
funny.

My kids were raised around dogs and cats and we even had a goat give birth but no poultry so a couple years ago I am telling my dd about my hen hatching her chicks and she asks how old they are when they stop nursing. Made me feel bad thinking they had missed out on so much when they were growing up. lol

I was at one of my prenatal visits to my OB a couple of years ago and I brought him some duck eggs. He was totally weirded out about them -- "there won't be a baby duck in there when I crack them, will there?" His midwife, however, thought it was really cool. I suspect maybe he gave them to her. I thought it was pretty funny that a man who spends his life dealing with reproduction and babies could be so clueless about eggs!

I was at one of my prenatal visits to my OB a couple of years ago and I brought him some duck eggs. He was totally weirded out about them -- "there won't be a baby duck in there when I crack them, will there?" His midwife, however, thought it was really cool. I suspect maybe he gave them to her. I thought it was pretty funny that a man who spends his life dealing with reproduction and babies could be so clueless about eggs!
lol.png
makes you wonder who might be delivering those babies after all.
wink.png

LOL. I still hear a lot of "need a rooster for egg laying" comments. Maybe if the whole public believed it, roosters would become more popular.

Back
Top Bottom