The Buckingham Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wyatt0224, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Wyatt0224

Wyatt0224 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2016
    Westminster, Maryland
    I've been dwelling on this thread for awhile now, mostly because I didn't want to start it and then have a drastic change in the members of my flock. I want this thread to be a place for people to share their own mixed flocks as well as any cross breeders to come have fun. I will also be posting daily/weekly updates of my flock depending on my schedule.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is Ronald, my RIR cockerel. He will be 8 months old at the end of this month. So far he has been a valuable asset for the girls and me as he is very protective, (sometimes a little to much).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The rooster above is Al. He is a Black Australorp and he is about the most amazing bird I have in my flock. Unfortunately for him, Ronald is the boss and always lets Al know when he steps out of line. I always try to give him treats first because Ronald is always front and center and he never gets any.

[​IMG]
    My precious Silkie girls. They're inseparable, they even laid their first eggs together at the same time. Munchkin is the smaller one, she is on the left. Clucky is on the right. They are definitely the roosters favorites in the flock as well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Above is Amanda and Freckles. I'm not sure if you can tell but Amanda is the one with the larger comb. They are both Black Australorps. Shockingly it is very rare to find them ever next to each other. Unlike the Silkies they both tend to stay away from each other. Amanda is on top of the pecking order with Freckles second in command. I've seen them both draw blood before on my other hens.

The last members of my flock are the Weasley sisters. Named after Ginnie, Fred, George, Charlie and Percy from Harry Potter, they are all RIR hens. They are camera shy but like the Silkies inseparable. Each of them also have a color coded leg band so I can easily identify them. And to finish up the first post I will show some group photos with everyone coming in and out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Flock Master64

Flock Master64 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    Wow beautiful flock, I will be posting some pictures of my mixed flock

3. Flock Master64

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Chocolate Cuckoo Cockerel Flint. I lost my Black Copper Marans rooster Ichigo a few months ago :hit and Flint is his replacement. He is twice the size of my biggest hen JB and when full grown he will weigh about 14-15 pounds. Right now he is a little aggressive around the feeders and treats but that WILL change once he matures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Amber Link hen Jelly-Bean aka JB or The Bean. JB is my flocks top hen and isn't afraid to show it, she recently got over a wounded leg injury JB is one of my friendliest hens and isn't afraid to come up to anyone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My White Leghorn hen What's Up. What's Up is third highest in the pecking order. She is a real big grouch and doesn't like to be touched or bother by ANYONE. She is a great layer and she is also my flock look out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My newest flock additions. The yellow one is my little Buff Brahma pullet Annika ( pronounced Uh-knee-kuh ) and my Olive Egger Olivia. They are both inseparable.

I will post pictures of my last two hens tomorrow, I don't have any pictures of them right now

4. Wyatt0224

Mar 1, 2016
    Westminster, Maryland
    They all look wonderful. I hope to get leghorns and brahmas in the future as well. Flint will be one heck of a rooster when he's fully grown. Best of luck with him working out. Two days ago after weeks of not doing anything Ronald dropped his wing at me when I opened the gate for them to free range :rolleyes:. Do you plan on breeding any of them?

5. Flock Master64

Jul 24, 2016
    Surrounded by the Amish
    I don't really plan on breeding but if it happens it happens

6. Wyatt0224

Mar 1, 2016
    Westminster, Maryland
    There won't be any pictures of them today or tomorrow, no update tomorrow as I have a football game tomorrow night. This evening I found Al outside the pen most likely because Ronald chastised him out. This recent cold weather for my area had been effecting them laying but today I got 6 wonderful eggs left for me today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by