The bullying has to stop...children are dying

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by AquaEyes, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AquaEyes

AquaEyes Chillin' With My Peeps

14-Year-Old Who made "It Gets Better" Video Commits Suicide Amidst Bullying

Bullied Buffalo Teen Dies Of Apparent Suicide Following Months Of Warnings

Buffalo Teen Commits Suicide, Parents Say He was Bullied

This makes me sick. I don't want this to turn into a debate over what is right or wrong about how people live their lives because that's how they live their lives, not how you live your life. The point of sharing this is to bring more awareness to the harm that is being done to our children. This kid lived right here where I am -- Buffalo, NY. I'm so disgusted right now, but BYC has thousands of people, and if this can get out to help one more kid in this situation (or to bring awareness to others who are doing this to kids), it's worth it.

And to the people out there who torment others because they're different (though I hope none of them are on here...this is just throwing a message out into the air) -- who the heck are you to say that you are better than anyone else? We are all human beings, with thoughts and emotions. No one is better than anyone else as a person. We all have something to contribute. If you don't like the way someone is, then don't be that way. If you can't accept some people, that's fine -- just leave them alone.

Sorry for the rant...but it needed to be said.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. maybejoey

maybejoey got chickenidous?

I agree. It isnt anyones choice about the the way you are except for your own.[​IMG]

3. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Heartbreaking.

4. xchairity_casex

xchairity_casex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    its sick the way kids now days are treating other kids. and whats worse is that schools,parents,the law doesnt do anything about it!! a freind of my moms has a 10 year old son who had 2 ribs broken and his arm broken from some highschool kids(the elementary and highschool are connected) the school nor hte kids parents nor the law did anything about it NOTHING. if i heard my kid ever did somthing like that to another kid for no reason i would thump em! bullying nowdays is just getting WAY outta hand. schools and parents both need to start taking this seriously. parents if your kids are bullying take it seriously!

5. Chickengal505

Chickengal505 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Bolivia N.C
    [​IMG] it's okay Aqua, this is very heart breaking, but take it from a kid, it's rare. Most people who are bullied get help, and those who don't often end up alright in the long run. But there are those time when the fragile mind of a teenager can't handle the toment and she/he relives him/herself of their misery.

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Ever here of the "pink shirt" thingy ma blob. It started at my school, while it never happened as every one made it out. I like the idea. We celebrate it every year

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    My SOs niece had a fellow student shoot himself last year because of bullying.

8. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Bullying is crazy. I went to a Gun Show on Saturday and was talking with a lady whose grand-daughter is having a horrible time with bullying because of her cleft palate scar!! These kids went so far as to MAIL to her home and email photos of people with severe cleft palates!!! I couldn't believe it. There needs to be more crackdowns on this type of harassment!

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Yes I remember ruthless picking on and harassment of kids when I was growing up at school.

I got a little bit of it, but not too bad.

My DH grew up in a nice neighborhood but still was threatened and HID in detention for his physical safety. He actually purposefully sought out detention so he wouldn't get beat up.

10. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    This is a subject that makes me so sad,I help when and where I can to make a diffrence and get kids to speak up and speak out.
    I made this video after one boys story broke my heart,his is only one of hundreads out there...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by