the buttons have arrived!!!

TheRealTimShady

Crowing
12 Years
May 23, 2011
Apollo, PA
much to my stress these past few days, my brand new button quails have arrived, thanks to quaillady!

here are a few shots

DSC_0198.jpg

and their new humble abode

DSC_0199.jpg

they are already all about their sandbox on the left side, they haven't ventured out past that just yet, i wouldn't either haven't to go thru the mail as they did. Need to get a better watering system for them thats for sure
hmm.png

i never realized how SMALL they are, i think they are about 10 weeks now, they get much bigger?

Man, that boy had a fight in the box! He is a good boy though, I would have kept him if I didn't have so many
lau.gif

The boy should fill up more. I hope the female doesn't get bigger! She is huge as is
ep.gif

Enjoy the buttons and glad they made it safe and sound!
hugs.gif

They are beautiful, I've always loved buttons. I really like your set up for them, is that wooden box something you can pick up at a petstore for hamsters?

Quote:
I raised mine from chicks and only one became tame enough to eat out of my hand, the other two were very flighty.

OMG they're beautiful!!! Okay, add button quail to my list of quail species to acquire
love.gif
What is the brown & white one? Tuxedo?

i think quaillady was calling him a tuxedo pied, oddly 2 different types in the same bird, makes him look like a penguin, and yes, the woodland hide-a-way you can pick up at your local petstore, its made by the company Superpet. that is the medium size one, it was like 7 bucks

Back
Top Bottom