The cat just attacked the dog

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gritsar, Apr 19, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Killer Kitty just pulled a sneak attack on my irish wolfhound and made her bleed!
    This is the cat that always comes to mind when people say cats are perfectly fine around chickens.
    Yeah, I think Kitty will be staying indoors while the chickens are out for awhile longer. [​IMG]

2. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    my cats also hits the dogs but he is declawed I did'nt have him declawed

3. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    Poor puppy, I love Wolfhounds [​IMG]

4. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    All my dogs (except the 12 lb beagle mix) are afraid of all my cats. Blood has been spilled on many occasions.

5. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Max the Cat (my alpha dogcat) likes to hide behind doors and wait for unsuspecting dogs to wander through. He then kapows! them upside the head and takes off. Poor doggies almost won't go through doors anymore. [​IMG]

6. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm the only one that will play rough with her. Since I found her when she was 3 weeks old she really didn't get that playtime with her littermates.
    She was attacking me the other day while I sat at the puter. I hollered ouch and my SO said "smack her on the head". He was talking to me, but Kitty flew up and smacked me right across the face. [​IMG]
    She's a mean one.

7. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    my dogs are big cat killers... the cat thinks he can hiss and arch his back and before he knows it he is on his way to heaven no more stray cats at my house.I do like cats we just can't have any because of the cat killers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  8. Chickaadee

Chickaadee Out Of The Brooder

Mar 9, 2009
    Western Ky
    I have a kitten that I'am worried about. I have a gray tiger striped kitten with beautiful stripes. that has been hissing and carrying on since its been days old. It looks like its one of those hybrid mixes.
    Mary

9. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Little BB (bossy ....) came from an abandoned farm and very pregnant. She had such a huge belly, I thought she would explode. She chased Freddie (lab/bc cross) around the house several times, in this condition, with him yelping the entire time; before I could get him inside and safe. I bet she barely weighs 6lbs now and with one high scratchy pitched meow, she can scare even the biggest beasts. Not one animal on the place gives her any crap.

She was so bad, I had to go outside with all the dogs and "protect" them from BB. She would lay in the shade in my flower bed and attack as they walked by.

She never bothers the chickens

10. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:She'll probably settle down and be very loving.
    Kitty was an abandoned feral that was hiding under a shed at my old job. It took me about 10 hours total to finally catch her. The first thing she did when I grabbed her was to take a chunk out of my thumb.
    She can be loving when she wants to be, it just doesn't happen that often.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by