The Chick Games!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speedbird, Mar 7, 2014.

1. speedbird

speedbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi guys! I have a question, my little chicks are getting bored ALOT and I am resorting to non-scare- the- poor- little- things- to- death- games, LOL. Anyways I have tried holding a ball of yarn but that scares them and I have tried petting them but that also scares them, hand feeding is something I tried but they seem to not notice my hand. So any advice guys? [​IMG]Also, on another note is it normal for every thing to have a green tint after I look away from the brooder? it disappears but I hope that it does not cause eye damage. BTW sorry for the wait on more baby chick pics![​IMG]

2. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    How about putting a small perch in the brooder if there is room. Someone else mentioned that they had added a small piece of wood with the bark on it for them to climb on. I always put mirrors in the cages I brood them in. and a low sided container filled with sand.
    Hopefully some of these ideas will help.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. speedbird

speedbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks! I will DEFINITELY try some ! In the meantime I created a game called find the tap! Three levels and whichever chick finds my tap the most wins!

4. red horse ranch

red horse ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2014
    Buffalo Wyoming
    Cute idea!
    Another thing I do; I'm always getting free address labels and stickers from charities and other organizations. So I will stick them on the wall of the brooder to give the chicks something to peck at and look at. We would be bored looking at bare walls all day and chicks get bored too!
    I've always believed that their mind needs stimulated and exercised just like their body.

5. jaxchic

jaxchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2013
    Florida
    I put in k cup boxes. They sleep in them, play on and around them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by