The Chick Hatchery in Lansing, MI

Amgill0415

Songster
Jan 11, 2020
Northwest Indiana
Hi everyone! Ive been looking online, comparining prices, availability, minimum orders, e.t.c for different hatcheries in the states and im leaning towards The Chick Hatchery in Lansing, Michigan. They offer smaller min orders in the time frame I want to order, plus their prices are a bit lower than some of the others I've seen. Any thoughts, experiences, information on this particular hatchery? I don't mind paying more for a better quality bird if there are issues with this place, but I also don't want to over buy from someplace else just to meet their minimum and get chicks shipped when I want instead of waiting for a lower min.

I live in the Lansing area and have not heard of these folks, so have no opinion. Reading their site, they are a shipper, and the birds come from many different places, sold through them.
If you do place an order, please report on your experience here!
Mary

UPDATE: I did order from this place and had a great experience! My chicks just arrived this past Tuesday (March 3, 2020) which was a day earlier than I expected, so that was a pleasent surprise. I ordered 5 Rainbow Assortment layers, and then sent me 6. All are very active and appear healthy. They all ate and drank as soon as I got them home. I don't know for sure what all breeds I got, but each one was different. I believe I got 2 different easter eggers, a barred plymouth rock, buff orpington, welsummer, and then one really light yellow that I'm not sure on the breed. Since it was my first time getting chickens through the mail, the week before they were to be shipped out, I emailed the place with questions and they responded right away. They were shipped with a little heating pad thing and some food/water pellet things. All in all, I'm very pleased with my experience and decision in ordering from them. They were less expensive than the larger hatcheries, and so far seem to have healthy birds. I will say that the birds themselved came from a place in Missouri and not Michigan, so they must use contract hatcheries like Mary mentioned above.

20200303_111323.jpg

Back
Top Bottom