1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The chick the dog tried to eat...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, May 2, 2008.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    That's Isis, at the top of the pic, looking none the worse for wear. The chicks are 23 days old today and they are huge! Isis has turned out to be my troublemaker. She does things first and the other chicks follow her lead. Truthfully, if Charlie actually meant to eat her, and not just play with her, Isis wouldn't be around for this pic.

[​IMG]

2. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Aww, I'm so glad that your little troublemaker made it through that ordeal! She is adorable!! [​IMG]

3. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    Isis is beautiful and so glad the dog just wanted to play and not have chicken nugget [​IMG]

4. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    What a beautiful pair of chicks. What kind are they?? So glad Charlie was just playing! [​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:They are standard light brahmas. I don't have much experience, but in my opinion Ideal's standard brahma chicks are the healthiest, hardiest chicks you can buy. Kudos to Ideal. [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hehehehe my little LB is a troublemaker too. Gotta love it. Beautiful babies there.

7. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Wow your girls look great! Sooo pretty [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by