The chick was on her head when it went squirttttttttttttttttt!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sam The Yam, May 3, 2009.

1. Sam The Yam

Sam The Yam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Recently I had posted this picture of my 9yr old daughter and I in the temporary run I had made for my 6 baby chicks. She was not quite used to them, being that they are jumpy when she tries to catch them and they have sharp little toes, and we have not had baby chicks before. So, here I was trying to get her used to them. Fast forward to a week or so later and she is getting somewhat like she wants to hold them. So, yesterday we had one of them out on our lawn and we were sitting there. The little chick was right by me and it was so cute as I was sitting there on the lawn it jumped right up on my shoulder. We would put it down and it would walk right over my leg. Then my wife picked it up and decided to put it on top of my daughters head. Well it sat there shortly while she I think kind of nervously sat there. Well, you guessed it, squirtttttttttttttttt!!!! It did a great one and it got on her. Needless to say she was not a happy little girl and was now crying cause she had chick poop on her. So much for getting her used to holding them for awhile if thats what they do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/27085_img_4743.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2009
  2. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    good for her... build immunity.

3. Sam The Yam

Sam The Yam Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Arizona
    That is right! It probably won't be the last time she gets it. Never know when they will go so your at risk whenever. What was so funny I think was the fact that she has been so cute about trying to get comfortable with them and then that happened. Oh well, nothing to fear, she washed it off and she'll was fine.

4. nwgirl

nwgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Everett, Washington
    That's part of being a chick, and part of being me is to always have paper towels nearby. [​IMG]

5. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Aww poor thing! I hate getting pooed on! I would have a fit if it was in my hair! [​IMG] UGH!! I hope she starts to enjoy the chicks soon, and gets over her fear of stinky poo!![​IMG] [​IMG]

6. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    [​IMG] poor girl!

my 23 year old aunt, my mom's youngest sister, literally cried when one of my baby chicks pooped on her hand. makes me wonder what she would do if it pooped on her head.

i hope your daughter recovers swiftly [​IMG] she;ll have to get used to it sooner or later

7. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Well, I can totally understand how horrible it would be to be a young lady and find chicken poo in your hair after your mom put a chick on your head. Here is a story you can relate to your daughter, that she might find to be much worse than her mishap with the family chick....

I was in Jr.High and on a trip with my friend and her family to California. We were having a grand time visiting all of the sights. My friend and I thought we were pretty cool and enjoyed looking for cute boys, as early teen girls start to do. We went to watch the Shamu show at Sea World. It was a really Great show and everything was perfect - Until... a seagull flew overhead and dropped a HUGE poo on my Head!!! I was horrified and Mortified! I had to make it all the way to the bathroom to wash my hair in the public restroom sink. It was awful. Not only did the seagull poop on my head, but now my hair looked awful and it ruined my entire day. So, maybe your daughter will feel better when the thinks that at least it was in her own backyard with her own chick instead of in a hugely public place by a large bird she didn't even know! [​IMG]

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    You're not a real chicken owner until you've been pooped on.

9. Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil

Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Sequim, WA
    I think that if I was her age and my first time with chickens I would have done the same thing![​IMG]

But tell her not to give up! [​IMG] Chickens are so fun and entertaining. Next time have mom hold the chicken away from her until the chicken "releases" its nervous poo, then it should be safe for the chicken to do head roosting.[​IMG]

JennsPeeps:You're not a real chicken owner until you've been pooped on.
    I have to agree with you on this, I think its the way the chicken says "Welcome to the flock"! [​IMG]

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Yup.

Besides, what poo can be cleaner than chick poo?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by