The chickateers have a "thang" for my DH

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Mar 5, 2011.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Yesterday I dragged my DH out to one of the coops to help me make some adjustments to a roost. The minute he walked into the coop, the three chickateers (my broodys chicks) went nuts.

They all jumped up on the roost and from there, unto DH's shoulders. They were pulling on his ears, peeping in his face, playing with his shirt collar. DH thought it was cute at first, but then he realized that even chicks poop, so he had me remove them.

Kinda hurts my feelings. The chicks are friendly with me, but they adore my DH. [​IMG]

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    There is usually a reason for such behavior, and with chickens, it often involves food. Does he have dandruff? Maybe need a shave?

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:No dandruff, he's bald. [​IMG] He shaves even on his days off, with I find to be a total waste of energy, but it's his face so....

He's tall. Maybe that's the reason?

4. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    They do like to perch on the highest thing around. You are probably right.

5. FeatheredFeline

FeatheredFeline Chirping

Mar 2, 2011
    Northwest Washington
    That's just hilarious! Maybe he just looked like the most choice perch around?

6. MeatKing

MeatKing Songster

Maybe they know "how much you love him" [​IMG]

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Did they see themselves in his shiny bald head? One of my cockatiels is absolutely fascinated by my hubby's bald head. Talks and makes kissing noises to that shiny manly head.

8. maybe they know he is a sucker for a cute face. They know who they can con for a treat. Plus, if DH is happy and thinks they are cute, then momma can get more. [​IMG]

9. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Long ago DH came to regret telling me that I could have all the chickens I wanted, so long as my broodies hatched them. [​IMG]

10. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Free Ranging

Feb 2, 2009
    Southeast Louisiana
    Quote:This explains so much. Start the chants.

Broody! [​IMG] Broody! [​IMG] Broody!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: