The Chicken Came Before the Egg

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebryant, Feb 26, 2009.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

The following question was on 1 Sale a Day today in the Buzz section:
    http://www.1saleaday.com/
    Question: According to Genesis 1:20-22, the chicken came before the egg.
    Yes 46.62%
    No 53.38%

Answer: http://www.wincustomize.com/articles.aspx?aid=66669
    "And
    God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged foul after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful and multiply and fill the waters in the seas, and let the fowl mulitpy in the earth.

puuuuuk, puk puk puk puk...............[now hopefully just you and I know this.......}"

Well, there ya go...[​IMG]

2. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I suspected as much, Joe.
    But thanks for the clarification.

This thread shouldn't raise up any ruckus at all...
    [​IMG]

BTW, what does "puk" mean?
    Another noise a chicken makes, like "bok", or "buk"?

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I love the book of Genesis. *Even though I am a firm believer in evolution.
    The story of Creation is my favorite.

Then the story of the birth of Christ. Which, btw I can never seem to "find" in the Bible
    One would think that after 8 years in Catholic Elementary school and being raised, baptized, communioned and confirmed in that faith I would at least know where that story was. * BTW I have two bibles in my home. And know where both are. So if anyone can tell me where that story is I would be very happy. I want to start reading the story of the birth of Christ to my daughter. So that she knows what Christmas is about. ie not "just" Santa.

And yes, this request is coming from a Wiccan. I just happen to believe everything fits together. [​IMG]

I hope this thread doesnt cause too much a ruckus. After all. It has answered that age old question. The chicken came first. [​IMG]

4. joebryant

Quote:Beats me. I don't write 'em. I just quote 'em.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Quote:I think that's how Indiana chickens talk.
    In Spain roosters say "Ki-Kiri-Kiri"
    In Oregon they say Bok-Bok-Bok
    In the south they saw BawkBawkBawk (they have a drawl you know)

and like that.

6. joebryant

Quote:I think that's how Indiana chickens talk.
    In Spain roosters say "Ki-Kiri-Kiri"
    In Oregon they say Bok-Bok-Bok
    In the south they saw BawkBawkBawk (they have a drawl you know)

and like that.

[​IMG]
    I give up! That's supposed to be an animated gif with text. 'tain't workin'!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    [​IMG]

8. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Rhett&SarahsMom :

I love the book of Genesis. *Even though I am a firm believer in evolution.
    The story of Creation is my favorite.

Then the story of the birth of Christ. Which, btw I can never seem to "find" in the Bible
    One would think that after 8 years in Catholic Elementary school and being raised, baptized, communioned and confirmed in that faith I would at least know where that story was. * BTW I have two bibles in my home. And know where both are. So if anyone can tell me where that story is I would be very happy. I want to start reading the story of the birth of Christ to my daughter. So that she knows what Christmas is about. ie not "just" Santa.

And yes, this request is coming from a Wiccan. I just happen to believe everything fits together. [​IMG]

I hope this thread doesnt cause too much a ruckus. After all. It has answered that age old question. The chicken came first. [​IMG]

Luke 2 (1-20) is the birth.

Matthew 2 is the part about the wise men an the king Herod

Im sure its in there 2 or 3 other places.​

9. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    As a book its very confusing with all the mistakes in it......
    Just small sample.....
    IN GENESIS are two contradictory stories of creation. In Genesis 1:20 & 21, "every living creature" is brought forth from the waters, including every winged fowl." But in 2:19 God brings forth "every beast of the field and every fowl of the air" from dry ground.
    In Genesis 1:2, earth comes into existence on the first day, completely underwater. Only by the 3rd day were waters of the deep collected, and dry land formed. But in Genesis 2:4, 5, & 6, earth on the first day was dry land, unwatered.
    The first story has trees made on the 3rd day and man formed 3 days later (1:12-13 and 26-31). In the second version man was made before trees (2:7, 9). If chapter 1 is true, then fowls were created before man. If chapter 2 is true, then they were created after man.
    Version one teaches man was created after all beasts. The second is clear, Adam was created before beasts. (1:25,27 versus 2:7,19).
    In version one, man and woman are created simultaneously (1:27) while in version two (2:7,20-22), man and woman are separate acts of creation.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    I knew it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by