The Chicken Pageant

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by SueT, Sep 12, 2016.

1. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Hi BYC members! Do you (or your kids) like to dress up your chickens in costumes? Would you like to see/contribute to a chicken pageant right here on BYC? If so, let’s see your pics!
    I am starting this thread with photos from the Chicken Pageant in Diamond, MO. It’s an annual event, held every Sept. as part of their Gem City Days celebration. Some of the children also dressed in costumes to match their chickens! It was a lot of fun, prizes were awarded. I hope their creativity will inspire you to come up with your own contributions. Let us know your chicken's name, breed, and anything else you'd like to share.[​IMG] 1. Terry

[​IMG]2. Molly
    [​IMG] 3. Dorothy
    [​IMG]4. Baby Blue
    [​IMG]5. Chocolate

I will add a few more later, plus some from last year's pageant. I hope you will join in, Thanks for looking!
    Sue

1 person likes this.
  2. GroovyFarmer

GroovyFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2016
    Canada
    My goodness! Those are some fancy chickens!
    I think Molly is my favorite, but Terry's a close second.
    [​IMG]

3. Mr Beaks

Mr Beaks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    So cute! I don't have any pictures to share but am looking forward to seeing what others come up with :).

4. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    [​IMG]

I know this doesn't really count but thought I'd share anyway, just for fun. :D

5. SueT

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Ha! Looks like he/she is inspecting the colors! I love it.
    Btw, it doesn't seem like anyone is actually interested in dressing up their chickens, lol.

6. GroovyFarmer

GroovyFarmer Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2016
    Canada
    Looks like the chicken got a fancy new dye job. ^_^

7. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.

Thank you :)! He was sleeping on the back of the couch and the sun was hitting the beveled glass window just right. That look was his 1st reaction when he woke up.
    Actually, there have been a few people in the past that have shared pics of their chickens dressed up! I'm sure they'll trickle in. BYC is huge so give it time.

8. nightowl223

nightowl223 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    United States
    You also need to comment on here every so often, so the post doesn't get buried by other posts. If it gets buried, no one sees it, and no one posts their pics. *shrug*

9. SueT

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    When my current baby banties grow up, I plan to dress them up!

10. Mr Beaks

Jan 13, 2015
    Valley Springs, Ca.
    Maybe @fishnet1971 has a pic or two to share? I think I may have seen a Christmas cockerel somewhere in one of the threads :D.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by