1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Chicken Purse

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Linda in San Diego, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    One of my fellow teachers at work is carrying around this purse - I am so going to make her give it to me! Or buy me one if she HAS to keep hers. Talke a look - Chicken Purse

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  2. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    now that was funny!! [​IMG] I just wouldn't pay thirty dollars plus shipping for that. [​IMG]

3. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    It doesn't look too strange actually, but if it is missing, I will have no idea what might have happened to it!

This is a teacher who never, and I do mean never wears the same thing all school year! Me, I have 5 pairs of slacks that I rotate through the week, black, two shades of brown, and two shades of green. I only vary my tops, and I don't have so many of those!

She can so give me the purse! I gave her tadpoles and I am bringing here pond plants next week - I think they are worth $30!

4. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    I love it! I called my DH to come and look at it and he said "That's not even funny!" [​IMG] Wouldn't he poop if I really got it and surprised him next time we go somewhere!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Linda in San Diego

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    [​IMG]

That's too funny, I think my DH does not really believe I want one! LOL

6. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I love it... I want one too.

7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    LOL!!! Seen that picture before and think it's awesome..not quite brave enough to carry it though!!! Course someone on this forum actually posted about taking their real live chicken in their purse to the store with them, so anything is possible!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    You mean like this purse?

[​IMG]

It's from the 50s or 60s and part of my chicken stuff collection.

9. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Waaaaah! I WANT that purse!

A teacher (especially an elementary school teacher) will wear or carry ANYTHING --- it's one of those jobs where 'weird' is appreciated -- wouldn't even have to wait for 'dress-up' day in an elementary school!

SueR who gave away her collection of 'cool' cowboy boots when she retired from teaching this year --

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    The description says it all - delightfully hideous ! [​IMG]

Chicken Lady - I like that purse!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by