The Chicken Queens of Spain, my cuddly baby roo and his girls

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kurui, Mar 15, 2015.

1. kurui

kurui Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2015
    My intro thread is over here if you want the story of how I ended up getting chickens in the first place :)

I'm pretty sure everyone must think I'm crazy. I have three (currently!) indoor baby chickens as it's still a bit too cold for them in the coop at night. On warm days they're out in the run while it's light getting used to the outdoors and getting acquainted with the outdoor chickens, but at night and on cold, rainy or windy days they 'help' me work from home by being distractingly cute, demanding cuddles, treats and attention.

[​IMG]

This is Cecille, posing for an early morning glamour shot.

[​IMG]

Bebe, who appears to be either part bantam or a slow developer, and Doodledoo my cuddly roo.

[​IMG]

The girls like to pretend they're refined...

[​IMG]

But this is how we eat our soaked pellets, right? The more on the floor the better, and if we get it caked on our feet we can sit and nibble deliciousness off our toes in peace later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was a bit worried at first when they all started coming up for a snuggle- I wondered if they might be cold, so I turned their heat lamp on. They jumped back to investigate, beeped a bit... and then came right back up. I'm not sure if it's just that they like being around me, or if it's that my laptop radiates more heat than I think!
    While they all love coming up to check on me while I'm working, it's the Dood who enjoys offering constructive criticism and then demanding I take my regular chicken cuddle breaks (I've got to rest my eyes and my wrists, right??). I'm really glad he's so friendly, it should mean he'll be less likely to get aggressive with me once he's fully grown and doing his job of protecting his ladies!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Awwww! Now that's cute! Thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by